1. Register NOW and get a chance to win $15!

Click HERE for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been added! Scroll down and join the live discussion.
    Dismiss Notice

Worth Purpling

Discussion in 'General' started by Vrast, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Vrast

Vrast New Member GL Player

So folks, since i got bot lightning and hope, i just need to know who's best to purple first.

Aside from that, i got only Squall purpled but i have:

Squall; Steiner; Beatrix; Galuf; Hope; Lightning; Leo; Zack; Agrias; Cait Sith; Quistis; Vincent; Gilgamesh.

On the internet i found discordant opinion for who's worth it or not, i also wish to understand how to form a proper party to avoid a full dps team.

My main group is Squall, Galuf, Beatrix for dps, tank, buff/heal

I was thinking abount Zack, Hope and Leo/Light/Steiner

(My Steiner is realized +1 ingot for was my first character, i like him from the game and i was ultra noob)

All of this beecause of the quests that ask me to use different partys and also beecause i purpled only squall and i can't complete COSMOS nor "Girded for freedom 14" for the same reason

which, in your opinion are my best options?

Who do you plan to purple?

How many purp do you have?

2. Leprechaun

Leprechaun Worst RNG king GL Player Worst RNG King

Friend Code:
    Ok. I'll give my 2 cents

I'll list your chars

1- Lightning: the best dps you have listed
    2- Leo: it can help covering a half healer job and can further delay enemies + increase st damage (Lightning likes)
    3- Zack: the best tank.
    4- Galuf: Nice tank, the evade can help more than zack against some enemies.

The other chars you listed aren't worth mlb

5- Beatrix: can reduce to 0 incoming hp damage... But she's hard to set in a party.

6- Steiner: a dps like many, not a good niche either
    7- Hope: 1/3 or 2/3 is enough
    8- Agrias: old, she can help for sure with her paralysis, but her damage is a bit low
    9- Cait Sith: no.
    10- Quistis: she has no ex+
    11- Vincent: no
    12- Gilgamesh: a dps like many, unfortunately.

With chars you have I'd try Hope (1/3) lightning, leo friend leo or aranea

This team is meant to delay and spam damage. Caution: quite offensive, you may be lacking a burst hp heal when you need it.

As you already have Squall, a team you can try, until you get ingots:

Squall, Galuf, Hope

Idk. Probably Lightning and/or Shadow. I'll see.

17(+24 ;wi atm): ;cloud ;zack ;sephiroth (regret) ;yshtola ;ultimecia ;squall ;faris (only to get an easier clear for de5) ;penelo ;kuja ;tifa ;rosa ;emperor ;golbez ;leo ;vayne ;beatrix ;aranea

3. Vrast

Thanks for the answer, jee, you really took some time! Ty very much man!

Anyway, in these days i'm collecting knowledge, principally on youtube and now i have a BIG doubt:

Do i first purple leo, lightning or (newly collected) shadow?

Last edited: May 1, 2020
  4. Leprechaun

Friend Code:
    Leo first. Set it as your friend unit. Free gil every day.

Good question. I'd say Lightning because she can help with her turn manipulation and with lightning imperil + enchant she can hurt even melee resistant enemies.
    Take Ramuh summon and enjoy big numbers for party.

Shadow can deal more damage than lighting and is fun to play (and has dog. Rinoa doesn't. We need Angelo). Probably next one after Lightning, but he will go down when comparing to other people.

5. Vrast

Indeed doggy is a fun mechanic and Yes, i want Angelo too!

I will follow your suggestion but, with those sweet damage, who can eclipse shadow?
    I start playing during Vayne banner but i was unable to pull it, too near is end for my resources at the time than of course i don't have Aranea

Since you're so kind i have a Squall question:
    Is it normal that he has so low maxbrvr?

6. Callos

Callos That guy that did that thing GL Player

Friend Code:
    Ooh I wanna get in on this
    How many purple do you have?
    28 + 4 ;wi;wol;tifa;cloud;yshtola;vaan;yuna;edge;king;shadow;squall;vanille;eiko;faris;ace(regret);lightning;serah;kuja;zack;yuri;noctis;agrias;rosa;golbez;vayne;ultimecia;machina;aranea;leo

Plan to Purple
    ;arciela;trey;amidatelion;nine;ardyn;kurasame;gladiolus

As for tackling COSMOS and beyond, having their EX+ is a start, but just as important is having maxed their summoning boards. The stats and passives add up.

And for Lep's synopsis, I kinda agree in places and disagree in others.
    1. (Tie) Lightning and Leo - Lightning is good but can blow through her skill uses if your not careful. Leo can too, but I find his HP+ to be ahead of Lightning's. Also Lightning's turn stealing isn't always optimal.
    3. Galuf - I wouldnt say he's better then Zack, but Zack being Melee with a Magic damage EX can hurt his output.
    4. Zack - Easier to use then Galuf, but really wants an outside IBrv buff to shine. Also if the enemy is debuff immune, Zack loses alot of damage. But either is a great party saver.
    5. Beatrix - can be left at 2/3
    6. Hope - 1 or 2/3 is fine
    7. Agrias - 2/3
    8. Quistis - 2/3, but no EX+ until Trey's event
    9. Cait Sith - still wonky to use, but a decent support for DE 2/3
    10. Gilgamesh - better then people give him credit for.
    Not worth anything but an ingot; Steiner, Vincent(unless he gets a Burst)

Who can match Shadow's damage?
    Jack at the end of this month

Squall was really early. It's why he gets the first Burst weapon. But it doesnt change him. He is a selfish dps with no bells or whistles. His best use is early Dimension's End and farming quests, not much else(sadly).

7. Vrast

Thank you for this precious knowledge!

I really want to grow my ;zack but i only have his 70 cp and the hard edge, i lack more 15 for lb and the 35cp for the other skill so it will result inadequate i suppose

Since i'm pretty new, i don't know if i can survive certain modalities with no tank, my Galuf is 1/3, my Light is 2/3 (3/3 soon) and i will certainly study her rotation to avoid burn up her skills for now is 2 ravager, 2 commando, intertwined with ex skill, dunno how to properly use the hp+

I just wanna be efficent to beat what i can and gain the mats to have more characters!
    For now:

Purple:;leo;squall

8. Leprechaun

Friend Code:
    I never said he's better :)

. I said against some enemies Galuf can help more (bosses who spam lot of st brv + hp or selfbattery+hp)

Squall husbando... Unfortunately ;twins ;setzer ;yunie exist. His best use is DE t5.

But that hpdamage0 buff! :eek:

Shadow has lot damage... But other than Jack this month, next month Keiss will increase party damage with chase and Cloud of Darkness will have damage and delay.

Up to Cosmos it can work. Cosmos (if not strong party) and expecially chaos you will burn all your uses before boss appears.
    Hp+ are used to save uses while still dealing damage AND increasing your buff.

Ex: 2 ravager 2 commando means you're using 4 ability uses. Example:

Flourish hp+ sparkstrike+ hp+ deal less damage but you saved 2 uses.
    You can even keep spamming hp+ in one stance against trash wave if you have a good battery/regen

To increase Squall's mbrv (aside +108/330 artifacts) you need his woi 15cp (it's in the ;pt exchange) and allies who have aura (passives that increase all allies mbrv ex: Galuf, Hope, Selphie, Lenna) or active aura (buffs that increase all allies mbrv ex: Rosa, Leo)

9. Vrast

I maxed(I mean, limit breaked with the "V" mark" All the 3 weapon of Squall, Revolver, Cutting Trigger and Twin Lance, i mastered 3/6 boards, purpled armor and weapon and he still has 28k max brvr.

I mean, i had at least 30k with 0/6 boards Leo...

Anyway, using Lightning while grinding boards is very instructive, the number on the buff icon/the name under hp+ and all. I have her 2/3 i just need to understand without doubts when exactly she gains free turns and when she doesn't.

I don't know if i will pull jack, i definitely want Seifer (I'm hoping he will be strong)

10. Leprechaun

Friend Code:
    Squall has a fourth weapon. Check in token trade, effect is something like +20%atk/mbrv while hp>80%

[​IMG]

Leo is something like... Many months newer than Squall reworked? He has 2 framed buffs that are stronger than squall's.

I tried a party Galuf, Hope, Squall/Leo with Brothers summon (lv30 gives lot mbrv)

Squall had 43k mbrv, while Leo 45k

Set Squall in the same party ad check after all his buffs. It's impossible such an higher difference.

If you break an enemy - > free turn
    If you don't break an enemy - > no free turn
    If you break an enemy during your free turn - > no free turn

Better AoE dps than Squall if I remember right his reworked kit.

11. Vrast

Thanks! Indeed he has one more weapon!
    And an original one nonetheless!

I've got few weapon tokens though, i need to wait for more events.
    Need those for Zack 35 too.

Well guys, thanks for the answers, i hope we get lotta more mats and weapons to purple with the incoming banners! Till July/August.... I don't know what colour is the maxed one for burst Era.