1. Register NOW and get a chance to win $15!

Click HERE for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been added! Scroll down and join the live discussion.
    Dismiss Notice

Banner With Trabia in Mind: Dec.26 - Jan.9 (Selphie, Squall, Thancred)

Discussion in 'Announcements and Events' started by Tifa Lockhart, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Tifa Lockhart

Tifa Lockhart The Original Mod Staff Member Mischievous Mod VIP Good Alignment

Friend Code:
    :tifahi:
    Hope you had a happy holidays! Anyone who has listened to me, knows all I've wanted for Christmas was Selphie and I've been waiting nine months for this event! Let's dive in and watch me fangirl all over this event.

Selphie: Here she is to take care of all your healing and battery needs. Either her or Cait Sith or both will be on most people's team for the next while. Selphie's first ability is drain, which will battery her before launching a HP attack. Based on the damage dealt, the party will be healed and batteried, any excess health Selphie gains is converted to Brv gain. Wall is her main feature. It provides the party with a large battery, reduces 30% of brv damage dealt, provides debuff resistance, gives Selphie Brv Regen, and Selphie gains a percentage of brv whenever a party member including herself is Brv attacked. When she has a buff, she greatly increases the parties Max Brv. She starts every battle going first, so you'll be able to start with wall 99% of all your battles. Wall also gives her Brv+, which isn't special. Just makes her deal more damage with Brv attack. Overall, she kills off Yuna and every other battery for a long time, Cait Sith is her only competition.

Squall: by now you've seen 60/60 Squall and know that not only is he a great source of DPS, but he can do a cactuars run in 3 or 4 turns, making him one of the most valuable support characters in the game. His 35 is mandatory. Period. Even his EX which is featured on this banner will be quite worthless without the 35 backing it up. The EX move is pretty much gonna cap damage 90% of the time and give him an additional max Brv boost. Solid barrel launches a HP attack when Brv damage hits 80% of max Brv or more and the last hit the move is AOE. Squall is S tier and having him and Selphie on the same banner makes this a good banner. His EX is really nice, but you can make do with just the 35 if you aren't lucky enough to pull it. You want Squall in your roster.

Thancred: the troll of the banner. He's not terrible, but without overflow, AOE, or battery, he's not gonna last long. He's not a bad char for this event, but Squall outclasses him so much, don't expect to see much of him. Don't be afraid to powerstone his weps, but if you choose to keep him, he does get an EX in the future which pretty much ensures his poison debuffs hit, and gives his move a stacking buff that makes his moves stronger and takes his 120% overflow EX and makes it hit for 200%. Not bad, but I didn't see him after this event until his ex event and then I didn't see him again after that event. Just saying.

I hope you saved your gems, because this banner is the start of a new era of meta. Decil ex introduced overflow and it will be here in full force soon enough. Squall will live through it with his AOE renzo and Selphie's battery/heal/buffs will sustain her, but most 60s up to this point won't be able to sustain much playability by February. Fasten your seatbelts. The ride is about to start.
    :tifabye:

Cait, Lothadric, Epsilon and 6 others like this.
  2. Afnan

Afnan Member

Friend Code:
    Thanks as always for the review Tifa!!

I can't wait to pull for Selphie! Have 31k gems to try.

3. Mist

Mist MommyMod Staff Member Moderator VIP Good Alignment

Friend Code:
    "Fasten your seatbelts. The ride is about to start." ME, SELPHIE, CAIT AND WARRIOR OF LIGHT CAME IN HOLDING HANDS AND SKIPPING IN UNISON. MY BODY IS READY :windmill:

4. Dragoni24

Dragoni24 Active Member

Friend Code:
    GL582455957 JP377935023
    Mantis skip this banner (Joke I waited half a year for this banner :D )

5. EikOhMyGoodness

EikOhMyGoodness I'm Captain Basch! 523729967 ID Number Neutral Alignment

Did a Terra EX pull. Got it. So hopefully the bit I have left will get me everything the banner has to offer. After this Cait Banner and Rem EX banner are my goals.

6. Wolvie

Wolvie Just a royal weirdo VIP

Friend Code:
    I am forced to skip this banner, mainly because of my questionable RNG and luck with my pulls as of late (60K gems plus 100+ tickets total on Cloud, Shantotto and Alisaie's banners - only to have Terra's EX weapon, both of Alisaie's as well as Papalymo, Yuna, Rem and Vaan's 35 to show for it) and I cannot risk my RNG and luck here.

7. Soebandrijo

Soebandrijo Dewanata

Friend Code:
    I will pull until the last tickets and gems if need be.
    It's just I'm a bit worried that my luck runs out in this event. I have managed to pull Cloud’s + Terra + Tidus EX, all on tickets.
    Maybe I still have some luck left from gems, where I haven't managed to pull any EX on.

8. EikOhMyGoodness

I'm confused. You got Squal EX early?

9. Epoch11

Epoch11 Member

Friend Code:
    What’s the likely timeframe on Cait Sith. I feel like I need to pull on this but want Cait Sith a bit more. Are they pretty much back-to-back? Wondering how many gems/tickets I should hang on to.

10. EikOhMyGoodness

May be along Heretics coming up. May be February.

11. Soebandrijo

Soebandrijo Dewanata

Friend Code:
    Cloud's, eheheheh.

12. Thief666

Thief666 Member

That's not too bad RNG. To be fair, many many people have spent much more on a single banner with nothing to show for it. But it's your game to play :)

I still don't have an EX, would reaaaally like squalls here. I have 50k gems and 315+ tickets, ready to go nearly all in, just won't wanna chase it if I get everything else mlb I guess

13. Wolvie

Wolvie Just a royal weirdo VIP

Friend Code:
    The thing about Squall's EX weapon is the same that can be said about Terra's: it's a QoL (Quality of Life) improvement and not required (I wasn't chasing Terra's EX at all [I was going after Alisaie and Papalymo's 35CP weapons] and got Terra's EX in the midst of it). I forgot to mention that I already have the passives from Squall's main gold weapons (don't have his 15CP alt, however) along with Thancred's 15CP weapon and his 35CP armour (I do have his 35CP weapon but it's not MLB'ed), and knowing that the red weapon tokens are not far along, I can always farm the red weapon tokens to land Selphie's 35CP weapon and Squall's EX weapon is 1 of 15 or 16 that can be picked from gold weapon tokens when they come to Global. Knowing how my personal trends have been as of late, it's something that I personally shouldn't risk, as I'm saving for both Fang and Seven (Celes' EX weapon now as well, as her LC is close to their Global debut).

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
    Thief666 likes this.
  14. Orlandeau

Orlandeau Level 99 VIP Neutral Alignment

Friend Code:
    I am ready with 30K gems and 64 tickets!!! I love Selphie! I’d also like Squall’s EX. Hope my good luck really continues. I might be maxing out Thancred if the game gives me all of his crap...really hope not though...

15. Dragoni24

Dragoni24 Active Member

Friend Code:
    GL582455957 JP377935023
    80 tickets , 20k gems

15cp selphie x 4
    35cp selphie x 1 (harder to get spend 15k 80 tix for chase)
    15cp thancred x 2
    35cp thancred x 3
    35cp squall x 4
    EX 70cp squall x 2 (first pull 5 k gem and second one with tix )
    15cp Squall x 4

16. EikOhMyGoodness

No EX. Bur happy to say I got Selphie maxed by tickets. Thancred weps near maxed on tickets too. Maybe ill keep ticketing. But if I dont get it I guess it will be okay.

Dragoni24 likes this.
  17. scootermtb

scootermtb Member

62 tickets, 10k diamonds.

No EX =( Selphie 35cp x1 + Tancred 15cp x2 + Tancred 35cp x1 + Squall 15cp x2
    Already had squall 15, sold tancred weapons, dont like him, big loss in this draw but will keep trying till banner is off.

18. Epoch11

Epoch11 Member

Friend Code:
    20k gems + 60 tix
    Selphie 15 x 4
    Selphie 35 x 2
    Squall twin lance x 8 (power stones!)
    Squall 35 x 1
    Squall EX x 1
    Serah 15 x 1 (so random)
    Nothing for Thancred (which is fine)

I’m happy with that! Still have 15k gems and 40 tix left.

Mist and Lothadric like this.
  19. Katzena

Katzena New Member

Friend Code:
    40k Gems just for Selphies 35CP, i got 2 of Squalls EX. and I used like 40 tix
    Better luck next time, time to start farming gems again!

20. Katastrofik

Katastrofik The Dark Knight w/ The Light

Friend Code:
    Yeesh, same here.