1. Register NOW and get a chance to win $15!

Click HERE for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been added! Scroll down and join the live discussion.
    Dismiss Notice

Who Would You Target Next?

Discussion in 'General' started by keoten, Apr 5, 2018.

1. keoten

keoten Taking life day by day

Friend Code:
    So my gems are burning holes in my pockets. I’m posting this in Unit Discussions because I’m hoping you can talk me into holding on to my gems for future units/weapons. :)

What future units/weapons are worth saving my gems for? Or should I just 5K pull for more Powerstones to LB my current weapons?

Things to Consider:
    My lineup is: Cloud, Terra, flex (normally Squall) and the below equipment

-Cloud with 6* Buster NT + Ogrenix passive + Crimson Edge passive + 6* armor
    -Terra with MLB weapon
    -Squall with MLB weapon + 5* armor w/ 1 LB

-Zidane with his weapon + 2 LB
    -Laguna with his 15CP weapon + 1 LB
    -Yuna and Vaan each with their weapons + 0 LB

* I have 5 Powerstones as well, and 10K saved gems.
    *Also if it helps I’ve lucked out with Laguna's Mighty ** passives while miserably failing at luck on Cloud’s passives.

Thanks in advance!
    Keoten

2. Mist

Mist MommyMod Staff Member Moderator VIP

Friend Code:
    That Cloud though :eek: Your line-up is "Meta" at the moment, and literally all units you listed age well into the later days of the game. You have Channelers, Speedy BRV shavers... I guess all you're missing is a BRV Battery/Buffer. Yuna is great as she debuffs/BRV Battery in the same package, so you'r already on the right track :) Ask around for JP players to see what other Buffers you might want to look out for. I hear Ramza is great and is very close! :FFT:

keoten likes this.
  3. Orlandeau

Orlandeau Level 99 VIP

Friend Code:
    Save it for Ramza!! He’s top tier I hear. he’s coming in like 2 weeks. You will want his weapons!

keoten likes this.
  4. keoten

Friend Code:
    Tactics is my favorite FF I've played! Do you know what's so good about Ramza?

5. AZRAel

AZRAel FFanboy

Friend Code:
    [GL]=363751682 [JP]=738632182
    His first skill "Shout" can recover his BRV by half of his ATK and give him unique buff (means it can overlap with another buff) Shout stance ATK+40% mBRV+20% +SPDup (ATK+50% mBRV+30% +SPDup with WCP15 Passive/Equiped) for 5 turn (8 turn with WCP15 Passive/Equiped)

His second skill "Steel" is an AoE BRV gain by half of his ATK + AoE 20%ATKup and 30%iBRV BRV Regen for 5 turn (30%ATK and 40% BRV Regen for 8 turn with WCP35 Passive/Equiped)

So basically cast Shout first then Steel to increase whole party BRV around 1500+ BRV (if fully geared) while buffing them and increase team firepower, plus at Crystal STR 50 he got passive like Terra's Trance which help on boss fight

keoten and PikaJew like this.
  6. keoten

Friend Code:
    On 'that Cloud though':
    I've been very lucky...a lot of my pulls had multiple gold weapons that went to power stones to raise Cloud's weapons. I started with 2x Orgenix and 1x Crimson Edge, and the only other weapons I've saved are the ones everyone's been saying are futureproof. The only money I've spent was outside the game on a different product that already included the Buster NT code, so I consider myself F2P. I wish I was this lucky in FFBE (recently my lineup there has improved) but I hate chasing characters there and I love how they give me every character in OO.

On the BRV Battery and Ramza:
    In farming the current Prishe event I've gotten to see for the first time how Y'shtola should be played. She'd be nice to have as a BRV Battery/Buffer, but I have no affinity towards FF14. As I said earlier, Tactics is my favorite in the FF series, so I'll try saving to draw a Ramza weapon and go from there.

Random question:
    So a Free 2 Play Opera Omnia player...does that make me a F 2 POO?

Thanks, everyone, for helping me not plow through my gems :D haha

7. keoten

Friend Code:
    This is great information on Ramza. On paper he looks like a BRV powerhouse if you can get his ATK up. Thanks!

8. YatoGXY

YatoGXY Yato Galaxy GL Player

Friend Code:
    You should save your gems for op weapons like cloud, squall and terra 35 cp that probably will come in the near future. It's all up to you, just go for the characters you enjoy using.

9. Swordsman

Swordsman Single Forever

Friend Code:
    all of my friends prefer Eiko over him..

10. FFfan

FFfan Active Member

Don’t feel right to bring a 4 years old kid to the fight.....

Mist and AZRAel like this.
  11. AZRAel

AZRAel FFanboy

Friend Code:
    [GL]=363751682 [JP]=738632182
    I didn't say Ramza is 1st-class buffer or top tier or anything, I just explaining his moveset and passive tho
    Yeah Eiko is probably better than Ramza. Smite and HP Regen gonna be really usefull for harder content in the game later. Heal, BRV Battery and can dish out some BRV dmg, all in one. But Eiko is still not yet getting her Crystal STR-60 Awekening on JP which is sad
    It's all back to our own personal preference. Just play with character u like and enjoying it since DFFOO is really F2P friendly

12. keoten

Friend Code:
    Is this in the JP version or GL version where your friends prefer Eiko over Ramza?

13. Swordsman

Swordsman Single Forever

Friend Code:
    both versions.. is ramza that "average" compared to Eiko cos i remember them saying Ramza was "average"

14. ChilliAnna

ChilliAnna New Member

Is Lightning any good? She’s my fave FF character so waiting for her.

15. udon

udon blinded by light

hehe me too

:chilling cat:

16. keoten

Friend Code:
    That's a bit disheartening. I'll probably still grab a Ramza weapon for nostalgia haha