1. Register NOW and get a chance to win $15!

Click HERE for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been added! Scroll down and join the live discussion.
    Dismiss Notice

What to pull next?

Discussion in 'Team Help' started by David Squall, Jul 25, 2018.

On which future banners should I spend my gems?

1. Cloud, Lightning, and Squall

2. Ashe and Aerith

3. Serah, Garnet, and Palom

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. David Squall

David Squall Member

Hello everyone!

I am trying to understand for which units I should spend resources (e.g., my gems and limit break stones) in the next future. I hope someone can help me! Hopefully, this thread will help other players as well :)

At the moment, the best units I have are the following ones:
    - Vaan: 15cp & 35cp MLB;
    - Papa: 15cp MLB, 35cp-not-MLB;
    - Ashe: 15cp MLB, didn't get the 35cp;
    - Aerith: got both weapons, none MLB yet.

Then, of course, I incidentally got weapons for other units, among which: Cyan (15cp MLB), Shadow (15cp MLB), Lightning (15cp), Cloud (Organix), Seymour (35cp) Terra (both weapons), Snow (both weapons), Zidane (35cp), and Squall (15cp).

In the next few weeks/months, banners will include many valuable units, that is Serah, Garnet, Cloud, Squall, Lightning, Palom, Aerith, and Ashe. I wonder where to spend my gems. I have some ideas in mind:
    1) As you can see I don't have any MLB physical attacker. So, a good idea would be to pull on Cloud, Lightning, and Squall.
    2) Another good idea would be to pull on Ashe and Aerith in order to MLB the weapons I already have as well as to get Ashe's 35cp.
    3) I could start with new characters such as Serah, Garnet, and Palom, if they are worth.

Many thanks in advance!
    David

2. Zalits

Zalits Well-Known Member

Friend Code:
    from the looks of it you seem to have a good support second overall imo Aerith and some decent attackers. Pulling for chapter 9 banner isn't a bad choice serah and edgar will be good going into the future and right after we got garnet/cloud which will be mostly an offensive banner because garnet is a strong mage and cloud is cloud lol you can't go wrong with pulling for squall, serah, garnet, or cloud at this point they will all be good for a while into the year

3. Aarolei

Aarolei Well-Known Member

Friend Code:
    August is suppose to have some special banners with rereleased 35CP's.

If a strong phys user is in that banner you may want to strongly consider pulling there.

Zidane will eventually get an alt 15CP at Panedomona WoI so you can try to build him up at that time if you want. He gets a kind of early awakening and he has fallen off quite a bit in the past months in JP but he is a decent unit till that occurs. His WoI should feature his 35CP as well so you may get lucky and pull more of those to help you LB. However, I do not know who his banner mates will be or if they will include other 35CP's too. I imagine so only because this will be after the point we get triple 35CP banners and this will be the only way to even entice players to pull.

If Squall 35CP comes up again before Brothers banner you may consider pulling for him too.

Chapter 9 banner if you got gems isn't bad for you, but not the best either. It comes with Edgar who has phys and range skills, and Serah will be a nice debuffer, but she is magic based with her skills. You seem pretty covered in the mage department but if you pull here, you'll be helping yourself to make Heretic Quest easier when that starts tonight. Irvine is kind of a meh prize, but he might be okay while he's synergy here and in Maria's event down the line.

And you never know, a good weekly may pop up that can help you out a lot! Hopefully we'll start getting more 35CP rereleases that way...

Evil Crusader likes this.
  4. David Squall

David Squall Member

Thanks for the suggestions! By looking at Altema's Gacha, it seems that the next best banners will include the following units:
    - Serah + Edgar
    - Garnet + Cloud
    - Cloud + Squall + Lightning
    - Palom
    - Lightning + Squall + Zidane
    - Aerith + Garnet + Ashe
    - Lightning + Serah + Onion

All these banners include the 35cp weapons, as far as I remember.

PS: Please tell me if talking about these things violates any SE policy!

5. Zalits

Zalits Well-Known Member

Friend Code:
    Lmao @"PS: Please tell me if talking about these things violates any SE policy!"

Nono talking about it does not violate anything hahahaha and yes those would seem to be the upcoming banners although things can change as we've seen lately but hopefully they don't

Evil Crusader and David Squall like this.
  6. Aarolei

Aarolei Well-Known Member

Friend Code:
    Just to note but our weeklies are never the same really as Japan's. I think some of the banners you listed are actually weeklies that they got.

But we will certainly get chances to pull for 35CP's that have been featured before if you miss them the first time around. :)

Evil Crusader likes this.
  7. Evil Crusader

Evil Crusader Member

Friend Code:
    Correct, that Cloud / Squall / Lightning Banner was a Weekly and is unlikely to happen here.

8. David Squall

David Squall Member

Such a pity!! that banner seems to be great :-(

9. David Squall

David Squall Member

So, the central problem now is to pull on Serah+Edgar or Garnet+Cloud...

10. Evil Crusader

Evil Crusader Member

Friend Code:
    I know, but JP had garbage Summer Campaign, so we still win, overall.