1. Register NOW and get a chance to win $15!

Click HERE for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been added! Scroll down and join the live discussion.
    Dismiss Notice

Weekly Update - Y1:M1:W3 End

Discussion in 'General' started by xTeKt0n1c, Feb 16, 2018.

1. xTeKt0n1c

xTeKt0n1c The Art of Lazy Admin! Staff Member Administrator Moderator VIP GL Player

Friend Code:
    [​IMG]
    Hi Everyone,

Firstly apologies if you haven't seen me around much this week. I have has a super busy week IRL. I am going to kick off this weeks update by talking about the FFBE cash draw because this is the biggest fail for a loooong time in a FF game! It has come at a time when loot boxes are a thing of controversy and transparent drop rates are slowly becoming more of a trend in newer mobile games!

It has been an interesting week over in the FFBE world after Gumi managed to piss off a super large and active community in a way I haven't seen F-O-R Y-E-A-R-S. For those who don't know FFBE but who know FFRK, the reaction to this was even worse than that of the original release of the Platinum Sword fiasco in FFRK. For those who play FFMobius the reaction was more negative than that of the Tidus Job paywall event. @DanT even made a special banner to remember this week in FFBE which I placed above as the banner for this post!

Regardless, of the mess created there, its just one banner and I am certain FFBE will be fine once the step-up banners arrive etc.! For anybody who plays that game it would be silly to quit over such a thing so just don't buy the banner and keep at it. The community wouldn’t have kicked off if the banner didn’t exist in the first place! You can also have a laugh knowing that even the Square Enix Community Staff were either getting trolled hard or digging at Gumi for this on their live stream as they were put in a VERY tough spot by their co-partners in this venture. Check out a glorious fail below :ultros:

[​IMG]

Now onto the relevant DFFOO stuff!

In-game Events
    It has been a super active in-game week for DFFOO. We have seen multiple new banners including the THIRD cloud weapon (Honestly this is the last one he gets for a while now!). We have seen the end the Carbuncle Event and the start of the Ifrit event! The Vanille event is in full swing right now. I would also like to remind you all it is the last day of the Squall event so if you want to acquire his EXCLUSIVE 5* armour, this is your last chance!

Weekly Forum MP Event
    Last weeks MP forum event, hosted in the chat-box was huge success! We are going to host this event again on Saturday based out of the chat-box at 5pm EST / 2pm PST. We plan to do this every Saturday and hopefully soon we will spearhead 2 or more time-slots to better accommodate everybody who wants to participate. If this doesn't work out for you, feel free to make a time-slot with your forum mates as the world being the world, its impossible to set an single time-slot which pleases everybody. You can MP with anybody here at anytime, just shoot a request in the chatbox and you will find people jump on the opportunity to use your bells! If you are interested in hosting a particular time-slot for this event please inbox me.

Supporter Campaign
    I have added to this fun event slightly and we have 3 alignments: Good Alignment, Evil Alignment and Neutral Alignment. The theme colour schemes will be changed periodically! I will run future polls for potential themes. The current theme is Command & Conquer, an absolute classic game from when I grew up! Locked and Loaded!

NB: Remember that if you don't participate in this event you don't get any nice forum colours and can instead love to hate a super boring boring font size 11 nametag in times new roman!

Forum Layout
    I will be tinkering around a little bit with the forum layout over the coming weeks so if you have any ideas / requests (besides a dark theme as that is already noted!) let me know and I will do my best. As requested by many members I have moved the forum chat-box to the TOP. We will test drive drive for a while. It it isn't working out I will move it back to the bottom. The most popular recommended feature is a dark theme which I will also look into and see if I can create one. If so its going to be a LOT OF WORK so don't expect such a theme to spring up overnight. But hold tight and we will get there!

Forum Banner & Username Colours
    I can finally set banner and username colours for particular usergroups! YAY!!!!!! Yes I have spelled coloUrs with a U because I am British! If you don't like the colours let me know and I will think about changing them. If you have any colour themes or ideas etc feel free to inbox me.

200 Member Milestone
    We finally reached over 200 members!!!! We are a small but active community which makes the place nice and homey! As a looong time user and staff member of Neo Forums this is actually part of the magic and its success. Once you get into it you will learn to love it as everybody usually has a good laugh on these forums. For example our FFRK community is super close which creates a special environment, unique benefits and generates laughs you don't get when you are part of a larger or more generic community. So keep it up and lets see how much we can grow!

Forum Recruitment & Media
    We are very active for our size and doing an AMAZING job and we are always looking to grow our community further as this increases our experience so feel free to get involved and help to get our name out there! @DanT has even made a forum signature banner for us to use on other sites that is hilarious. If you wanna use it, send an inbox and we will send it to you. Also if you are interested yourself or know anybody interested in making vidoes/ streams/ podcasts etc. get in touch or just go ahead, make one and post one! @Cloudedstrife a long time FFRK forum mod bro and active legend here knows a lot about this sort of stuff so feel free to speak to him about such stuff too if you need advice or feel free to shoot me an inbox.

Forum Posting
    A few active chat members have a zero post count which is rubbish haha so I encourage you all to make a few posts! Even if its just a hello post in the welcome thread, 1 post and 1 like will make your account more secure and open up options! You could also make a post on the supporter thread to get some forum colours added to your name! Also setting a profile picture is a cool thing to do and is nicer to look at than an empty question mark! If you need help with any of this, send me an Inbox! Also if your username needs changing, send me an inbox as I can help with that or anything else you might need help with!

Kites World Discord
    Im also good friends with @Kite who hosts his cool discord channel on Kite World . Its another fun place to chill with a group of cool people who play many different games including DFFOO. If you wanna join them heres the link to their discord: https://discord.gg/agwtv3V. If you have any problems with the link let me know and I will sort you out.

As always if you have any questions, concerns, ideas or requests get in touch with myself or the staff here!

Cheers

TeK

2. DanT

DanT Coffeeologist Supreme! VIP

I must say I never expected a quick banner put together in 10 minutes for a joke would get this much visibility. lol I should've totally made something better.

xTeKt0n1c likes this.
  3. xTeKt0n1c

xTeKt0n1c The Art of Lazy Admin! Staff Member Administrator Moderator VIP GL Player

Friend Code:
    It’s looks amazing as it already is!

4. Hollis

Hollis Skipl0rd GL Player

got to be honest, I'm interested in that screenshot.. It is interesting to see someone changing his/her screen name into "FuckGumi"

SummonerBWM and xTeKt0n1c like this.
  5. xTeKt0n1c

Friend Code:
    Reeeeee you first post (And like given back) well done lad! Yeah SE got internet trolled big time there.

Hollis likes this.
  6. Hollis

Hollis Skipl0rd GL Player

I know, I was gonna put an online petition to make the flame bigger.. but then I don't know how to make one nor how to make it work.. I'm such a pleb :(

xTeKt0n1c likes this.
  7. Seven

Seven Noncontributor

"Active" community = 1 thread every other day?

Lol

8. LAFORGUS

LAFORGUS Member

Friend Code:
    :windmill: