1. Register NOW and get a chance to win $15!

Click HERE for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been added! Scroll down and join the live discussion.
    Dismiss Notice

Update

Discussion in 'General' started by Wolvie, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Wolvie

Wolvie Just a royal weirdo VIP GL Player

Friend Code:
    Hello to one and all!

It's been months since the hiatus but I am back, and only for a brief while. The reason why I'm writing this post is because I want to update all on what's going on with me outside the game (the important stuff you lot should know) and a bit of in the game stuff since the hiatus (I did write then that if I came back I'd write another post).

With the post I made in January, what I meant there stems from my past. I am a recovering addict (from a developing addiction to prescription drugs and alcohol in my case - I quit both cold turkey since '09 and '10 respectively) and that's what I'll always be known as with the stigma surrounding that. Regarding the game in relation to my past, it made me realise that if I were to constantly play the game and disregard everything else, I'd be putting loads of stuff on the line, including my line of work (I've been with the same employer for 19 years).

As for the game, I have a decent amount of EX weapons since the last post but it's something some would either laugh at because it's a 'low' number (26) or scold me for going after my favourites more than the meta (I play the game more casually and am anti-meta). For anyone who is wondering, I pitied 3 EX weapons (Celes, Rem and Serah), was close to pitying 3 others (Lightning, Porom and Rydia) while WoL's EX was from the free multi back at anniversary. Setzer's EX - 5th ticket. I don't have loads of content to catch up on as some would think but I enjoy taking my time. Whatever I miss out on, it's not the end of the world. For those who are still enjoying the game - rock on! I'm glad that you're playing the game your way and I strive to not push my stance onto anyone because I couldn't forgive myself if I do

One reason why I returned is to inform all that I may take a break from the game soon and think about my future with DFFOO if I do. Should I take the break it'll be after Golbez's LC banner.

If you're wondering why, there's a few reasons I can reveal. First, some aspects of my health needs my attention. There's a chance I have Chronic Bronchitis. I never laid a finger on a cigarette but with me being with the same employer for so long, the work conditions could have played a role. I am monitoring the symptoms very closely; once I have the list of the exact symptoms I experience sorted out, I plan on seeing a doctor to get the correct diagnosis and treatment. With Chronic Bronchitis, there isn't a cure.

Reason #2: I've lost interest. To be honest, I don't know what caused me to lose interest in DFFOO but that's what happened. With the accelerated pace Global's been doing, I'm feeling a tad overwhelmed. It's absolutely heartbreaking to say this but I'm not as into the game as I was at Day One.

The final reason: my mother. I almost never post stuff about my family but it's time I come out with it. Some know (some don't) that my mother has Dementia, and she is slowly losing that battle. Knowing that I don't know how much longer she has, I am likely going to be spending more time preparing for varying things in that regard.

Do I want to post this? No. Is a necessary thing for me to do by posting this? Yes. If anything, I need to be upfront about things like this, and that's more important than leaving everyone high and dry.

I'll stay logged in for a few weeks in case anyone has questions about this for me to answer.

Take care of yourselves and the BEST of luck with whoever you pull for!

Muffin, Meruem and Leprechaun like this.
  2. Leprechaun

Leprechaun Worst RNG king GL Player Worst RNG King

Friend Code:
    Don't worry, Wolvie.
    Family and health above everything else :)
    I really hope for you it is not chronic bronchitis :(

Ha ha ha... *look at his 18 EX* oh, wait...  You have so many :QQ sad::Crying Laughing:

This is your story. (I went more than 400;t for ;twins I can't scold for going favs over meta :Crying Laughing:)

I feel overwhelmed as well. Ramuh, alphi event, incoming halloween, raid, story. I don't want to catch up :QQ sad:

Who knows, maybe by Golbez LC you will get some interest back. Maybe they will slow down a bit... I hope :D

Take care :)

Meruem and Wolvie like this.
  3. Epsilon

Epsilon Mogglesguard GL Player

Friend Code:
    532342688 - GL
    Very sorry to hear about all you’re going through.

I really hope your health isn’t as bad as they think it might be, that’s sounds like a whole thing you could do without on top of everything else.

Sometimes this game and many like it can be built to drive compulsion instead of enjoyment and if you’re losing interest then it sounds like you’re making the right decision, though you’ll be missed on here!

Meruem, Leprechaun and Wolvie like this.
  4. Wolvie

Wolvie Just a royal weirdo VIP GL Player

Friend Code:
    Thanks!

Someone on FB (it was a female) brought up the fact that she has 32 EX weapons, more than me (I think someone else on FB claims to have ~34, but I could be off). I have NO regrets about spending 170 tickets for Paine's kit (landed her EX on the 170th ticket). Relm's (my fave potty mouth from VI although Celes is my waifu) initial banner in late January gave me the best birthday present then in the form of her 35 on the first ticket and Edgar's EX on the 12th.

Regarding the health BS (keeping it as clean as possible), it is a royal thorn to my side (I'll be 38 late January). As for me mum, she's my rock. Not a day goes by where I don't think about her. The fact she's still alive amazes me every day.

Muffin, Meruem and Leprechaun like this.
  5. Muffin

Muffin Member GL Player

Glad to have you back while we can, @Wolvie.

First and foremost, glad to hear of your continual and successful fight against addiction - I've had two family members deal with this. One barely made it, and another didn't quite make it out of addiction. No matter the cause, it's a serious thing, and the biggest first step I believe people don't understand is that the user themselves has to realize they have a problem with it. If they found out too late, chances are the decisions that were made were also too late. I have much respect for that, and especially for you and your nerves of steel for being able to post such intimate information with us all. Keep going strong!

About your health condition: I hope everything works out for you there. That's a difficult situation to be in and I hope the best for you. Just remember, you always have support from us here if you ever need a kick in the arse to keep you going!

If the game stales out on you, you're always free to drop it and come back. This is one of those games where you're not really locked into playing it - as long as you come back and just *play* it, you'll eventually catch up. If you do decide to drop it for good, I am also understanding of that. Some of these mobile games can be just a tad too demanding at times.

Lastly, to end on a positive note: once again, glad to see you back here! While your time may be short again, I hope you're able to enjoy yourself until you come to a resolution with your current situations. And always remember, us DFFOOers will have yer back!

Wolvie likes this.