1. Register NOW and get a chance to win $15!

Click HERE for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been added! Scroll down and join the live discussion.
    Dismiss Notice

Trying to become serious at this but need a hand...

Discussion in 'Team Help' started by Juliana Melody, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Juliana Melody

Juliana Melody Goddess of Feelings

Friend Code:
    you guys, sure the experts at this i need a little help building a team that will stand up in most situations. like a well set battle party. i will list the chars here who i am hoping to use and ones with 5* arms

Current Primary Team (all have their 5* arms):
    Y'shtola Lv. 44 Crystal Lv. 21 with Thyrus (0/3)
    Vanille Lv. 43 Crystal Lv. 17 with Physician's Staff (0/3) and Starfall Pendant (0/3)
    Yuna Lv. 44 Crystal Lv. 17 with Astral Rod (0/3)

Other Notable Characters who have their 5* arms:
    Hope Lv. 35 Crystal Lv. 11 with Skycutter (1/3)
    Rem Lv. 30 Crystal Lv. 16 with Survival Edges (0/3)
    Cloud Lv. 27 Crystal Lv. 14 with Crimson Edge (0/3)
    Terra Lv. 11 Crystal Lv. 1 with Falchion (0/3)

Onoin Knight Lv. 9 Crystal Lv. 1 with Ancient Sword (0/3)
    Laguna Lv. 1 Crystal Lv. 1 with Galbadian Machine Gun (0/3)
    Shadow Lv. 1 Crystal Lv. 1 with Fuma Shuriken (0/3)

Characters who have their 4* arm or 5* Armor:
    Cecil Lv. 31 Crystal Lv. 18 with 4* Dark Sword (0/3) and 4* Dark Armor (0/3)
    Squall Lv. 27 Crystal Lv. 5 with 5* Lion's Belt (0/3 its Armor)
    Setzer Lv. 24 Crystal Lv. 5 with 5* Gambler's Ring (0/3 its Armor)

By my knowing i have unlocked all characters currently in Global game.
    Edit: i made the ones who were chosen bold.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  2. Juliana Melody

Friend Code:
    i wish to be able to find an team, or maybe 2-3 teams to focus on, preferred inclusions in teams are Y'shtola, Yuna, Rem and Vanille.

3. Crisis

Crisis In a Crisis! VIP

Cloud Terra Yuna

PikaJew and Juliana Melody like this.
  4. Juliana Melody

Friend Code:
    i will work on cloud/terra/yuna.
    any other ideas too for teaqm setups? i kinda wanna have some 2 or 3 teams.

5. Crisis

Crisis In a Crisis! VIP

I myself would go Cloud Terra Yuna or Laguna Terra Cloud. But Yuna prevents you from being broken alot of the time cause Esuna is just too good as a battery

Juliana Melody likes this.
  6. FFfan

FFfan Active Member

Yuna, Cloud, Terra, Hope , Laguna, Vanille.
    6 units, enough to switch around for 2 teams.

7. Bard

Bard OCTOMAMMOTH Spoony Bard VIP

Friend Code:
    GL416891699 JP412565794
    Yuna Cloud Terra Laguna Vanille Hope

Yuna +anything +anything really. Cloud gonna give you good power and will help with daily crystals a ton. Terra because you need options for magic. Laguna because aoe and who doesn't like throwing grenades. Vanille for dispel sauce. Hope because pro+shell.

I think I'd focus on those in that order. You could probably omit Hope or Vanille for something else, pro+shell/dispel necessity has not really been established in content so far and you can get by without them. You've mentioned a fondness for Ysh I think she'd be pretty useful too.

HP+BRV attacks are where it's at for crystal spam. Properly geared Vaan, Squall, Firion, Yda along with your Cloud will make runs most efficient. This is not necessary but something to keep in mind for leveling up if you got an extra slot in exp party.

With these chars you can ace all content with ease. Really thinking about it you could probably ace all content with any 3 characters. So for the moment if in doubt just go with what you like best!

8. SadPanda

SadPanda Member

In my opinion, I would focus on a single team first, then expand outwards. I had the same thought when I first started in trying to create several teams, but found that I was having trouble keeping up with the content. So now I'm primarily focused on a single team and just distributing my excess crystals elsewhere as I get them. For the most part, the content is easy enough today that pretty much any well-geared team can clear everything, with the possible exception of the last Ifrit node.

Cloud/Terra/Yuna is a great baseline team. Cloud and Terra provide tons of damage, and Yuna provides an incredible BRV battery. And since they all use different crystal types, growth will be quick. Laguna is a great option to focus on after that, as is Squall. I've heard Hope and OK are pretty good, though haven't used either since I've only been focusing on characters for which I have their 5* weapons. Rem is unfortunately unneeded since healing isn't necessary at this point, and although Vanille is good for dispelling on the Ifrit event, it remains to be seen if dispel will actually be useful in the future.

9. Juliana Melody

Friend Code:
    thanks for all the advices, i now have a better direction on who to focus. but 1 thing stands out, no one really noted Y'shtola. she not good or anything?

Rem and Y'shtola will be in team 3 then with a to be decided on party member as "favorites"

Yuna, Terra and Cloud in team A
    Vanille, Laguna and Hope in team B
    Y'shtola, Rem and ??? in team C

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  10. Bard

Bard OCTOMAMMOTH Spoony Bard VIP

Friend Code:
    GL416891699 JP412565794
    Ysh is nice to turn delay your enemy. Decent brv buddy. I think she is pretty solid for the moment, some people mentioned in time her usefulness falls.. so idk..

11. Gankfest

Gankfest Member

Any future SS character will do. Best to pick different crystal types for each team though.

12. DanT

DanT Coffeeologist Supreme! VIP

Not taking rankings too seriously is the first step you should take. A lot of units given S in altema and even some given A can be very, very good. Look at a unit, its skills and its passives and try to understand its qualities and shortcomings.

PikaJew likes this.