1. Register NOW and get a chance to win $15!

Click HERE for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been added! Scroll down and join the live discussion.
    Dismiss Notice

Terra? Which Terra? Controversial between Ch4 and Setzer Event

Discussion in 'General' started by hanspanette, Feb 19, 2018.

Tags:
  1. hanspanette

hanspanette AceR Lightbringer GL Player

Friend Code:
    I just started Ch4. At the beginning cutscenes, my team met Terra the first time. She was wearing mind control device and driving a Magitek Armor to attack the team. Obvious, this Terra is from ff6 beginning
    When I started to play Setzer event, I saw in the first cutscene that Terra and Setzer know each other very well. But they should do because in the ff6 original, They didn’t meet until the middle of the game.
    Back to Ch3, Dark Knight Cecil was surprised to meet Edge. Edge recognised only that Cecil a Baron army commander and was chasing the crystals. There were not friends yet because Cecil is not supposed to meet Edge until he changed class. So, this part matches the original game.
    But why the developer is so careless about Terra and Setzer?
    Please correct me if I am wrong. As mentioned, I just started Ch4

2. Carnefix

Carnefix Member VIP

Friend Code:
    It could also be that Terra (after she was released by the first one) got another mind control device from Kefka in the new world. That would explain why she knows Setzer.

3. DanT

DanT Coffeeologist Supreme! VIP

I think there's a problem in the logic of assuming this Terra is from the beginning of FF6 just because she's wearing the MC device and was found in the magitek armor. These heroes are being brought to a different world; as Carnefix said, Terra could have been brought from any point in the timeline of her game and still be captured by Kefka and forced to wear the MC device.

4. hanspanette

Friend Code:
    Yup, possible, but needs evidence to prove it’s correct :Kefka2:
    No offence;)
    I will go through the chapter cutscenes again to find any cues.
    But these are really different games. I know it’s hard to connect all ff game stories together

5. Sorwen

Sorwen New Member

I could have sworn the story said she followed him and he immediately put the mind control device on her in this new world. Which could mean they came from any part of the story before the end off FF6. I could be wrong though.

Exodur likes this.
  6. zBrOsDivz

zBrOsDivz Member

Yeah like Sorwen said, if you follow the story it says Terra saw Kefka and recognized him " a very bad guy if left alone might do very bad things to the world" so she followed him to stop him, but naturally she wasn't strong enough to stop him on her own... and thats all she remembers.

Sorwen and hanspanette like this.
  7. hanspanette

Friend Code:
    I see. So she was manipulated again. lol

8. hanspanette

Friend Code:
    XD

Sorwen likes this.
  9. Rhaeserys

Rhaeserys Biggest Terra Fangirl EVER

This Terra is not from the start of Final Fantasy VI. That is why she referenced fighting him once before, and why she knows Shadow and Setzer. The crown was just reproduced and placed back onto her head by Kefka again, because he has some sick obsession with Terra, as the other Dissidia games has shown as well.

EDIT

Oh! Someone already said it. haha

Sorwen likes this.
  10. hanspanette

Friend Code:
    Yes, right. Thank you. I have finished Ch4 and it sounds that it can match the original ff6.

Sorwen likes this.