1. Register NOW and get a chance to win $15!

Click HERE for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been added! Scroll down and join the live discussion.
    Dismiss Notice

Strategies I Used for Power & Magic Heretic Missions!

Discussion in 'General' started by Zalits, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Zalits

Zalits Well-Known Member

Friend Code:
    YOO guys! Hope you're all having a great week so far especially since we finally got awakenings which means more content but along with that are also the down sides which are extremely challenging Heretic missions. So I'm going to be doing my best to share with you all the strategies I used to full clear these albeit without the mission rewards those I had to do on separate runs because I don't have/didn't pull for most of them. Anyway let's start with the Power since this one in particular was actually way more difficult than the Magic one imo.

Power's Chasm: Pitch
    Team that I used was Enhanced Cloud, Wakka, and Sazh.
    Friend used was also an Enhanced Cloud.
    Summon used was Brother's since Red Giants are weak to them.
    Honestly for this one guys I sadly don't think it's possible to get the 70k requirement without double Cloud and that's just the sad truth of it. I could be wrong but I ran double Cloud and I barely got the score with 76,029 so you can try it without double Cloud but I just don't see it being possible otherwise. So anyway let's get into the meat of how I tackled this boss and what made my run successful to get the score. I won't go into massive detail about how every turn went but I'll tell what abilities I used during each boss.

1st Boss Heretic Behemoth
    This guy isn't too bad. With Cloud I used 1 Finishing Touch and Cross Slash here to speed up the process but not before being buffed by Sazh.
    With Sazh you can honestly spam abilities be careful with Attack Boosts though if you aren't running Wakka or another character who self buff themselves well.
    Lastly, Wakka pretty much makes these bosses easy because he can instant cap with his Great Daring and pairs really well with Cloud because of Launches. So only use Finishing Touch after Wakka self buffs.

2nd Boss Double Heretic Red Giants
    These two will be you're biggest problem when it comes to clearing this mission effectively.
    With Cloud use one FT to help fill the Summon gauge. Reset if after breaking both bosses you don't launch both Wakka and Sazh. You will be swapping Sazh once summon is full with Friend Cloud so make sure you have Cloud buffed before this happens. Try to do as much damage with Sazh as possible until then. Once in summon make use of most of the Finishing Touches don't bother saving the last FT of your own Cloud has. Nuke these two bosses as fast as possible and try to keep at least 4 Cross Slash uses for last wave it will be important there. With Wakka throughout all of this play around with his abilities until he only has 2 uses of both Dark Ball and Great Daring.

Final Boss Heretic Gaia Behemoth
    In this wave you literally just have to blitz the boss down as fast as possible. Play smart but because you have 4 Cross Slashes left here it makes killing this boss really easy since Cloud will be dealing roughly 15k damage per use. With Sazh just make sure Cloud is buffed at all times and with Wakka use his remaining abilities fairly aggressively to speed up the clear. It may take a few resets to get the overall feel for how to use your abilities but eventually things will fall into place.

Magic's Chasm: Pitch
    Team I used was Sazh, Eiko, and Yuna. (Yes no synergy required)
    I used a Friend Terra to help with clear.
    Summon used was also Brothers for last boss.
    The Magic portion of these Heretics was way too lenient imo but hey I'm not complaining! If it means I don't have to pull on these banners and can save my gems then so be it! For this to work you must have all three MLB'd with with both 15/35cp weapons just to be on the safe side since I barely got the score needed for this with 63,616. By no means is this the only way to clear this side of the Heretics but it is the way I did it. I know some players have been using Seymour and other mages but batteries work just as well! I will say that this strategy takes quite a bit of luck and I had to reset to get perfect scenarios a few times.

1st Boss Heretic Land Turtle
    This is the problem enemy in this mission as taking too long on him will suck away your turns very quickly! After many trial and error I realized that you can be lenient on your uses for all characters minus Eiko. Make sure you don't use more than 2 Smites on this boss trust me it'll be important later and you'll be more than able to kill this boss with having to anyway so just don't. You need to time your 2 Smites as follows once during his shell phase and once outside. This is to make sure you get ample bravery to kill the boss within around 23 turns.
    With Yuna go ahead and spam Esuna or Cheer (play smart though) unless capped out and with Sazh all his job is to buff and spam hp damage.

2nd Boss Heretic Berserk Armor
    This guy is super easy and if you made it here within 23-24ish turns and with 4 Smites you're golden. Make sure everyone is buffed with Sazh and just continue spamming Smites until there's only 1 use left this will be important for last boss. Once Eiko's used up her 3 Smites it's Yuna's turn to help push everyone along but make sure you save one use of Cheer for last boss. When the boss is very low on health should be around turn 39ish if you played well swap Sazh (MAKE SURE YUNA AND EIKO ARE BUFFED BEFORE THIS) out for Terra and use 2 of her turns:
    1 for Meltdown to get her bravery up.
    2 for Meteors to deal the final blow to boss.

Final Boss Heretic Antlion
    This one is also extremely easy if you've followed me up to this point. Summon right out of the gate Eiko should be the first turn if not then reset until she is. Use Eiko's final Smite when first in the summon. Yuna should be the follow up and with her use Cheer at this point. After her should be Terra use whatever ability you want she should almost be capped out either way. HP attack with both Eiko/Yuna (they should have about 17-18k bravery when fully buffed) and finish boss off with Meteors from Terra for a 41ish turn kill.

I know that these explanations aren't super in depth but I hope that some of you can find use in what I've written here. I will be doing a video of me doing these events but I need to do the recordings first which is why I wrote this out for you guys in the meantime. Hope this helps and Good Luck with your Heretics guys!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    dexter, I Cry 4 Claire and SirIgnis like this.
  2. Wolvie

Wolvie Just a royal weirdo VIP GL Player

Friend Code:
    You do know that if you get the Perfect in any difficulty, you can't use the non-synergy characters again, right?

3. Zalits

Zalits Well-Known Member

Friend Code:
    This write up is for the Pitch missions Wolvie

4. SirIgnis

SirIgnis Recipeh Master GL Player

Friend Code:
    To further clarify, once you make it to pitch missions no characters are restricted anymore.

Wolvie likes this.
  5. Mist

Mist MommyMod Staff Member Moderator VIP

Friend Code:
    THIS WORKED SO WELL ;W; I Did it with WoL/Firion (separately), Wakka and Sazh, with a Friend carry from @Hiromura /Masa. Even though Magic is Weak, Terra can still rack up 10k BRV on Meltdown, and with maxed out Brothers Summon, a Shield or Seize Attack would get me 20k. ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL POST, ZAL :love cat::love cat::love cat:

Zalits likes this.
  6. scootermtb

scootermtb Member

I wanna add that in pitch, u can complete in different runs. Run x1 for shantoto, x1 for ysh, x1 for terra, x1 for score np, etc. Also u can die np, my heroes have no gears, i didnt bother to try hard, revived 1x and got the reward.

Zalits and Mist like this.
  7. Mist

Mist MommyMod Staff Member Moderator VIP

Friend Code:
    Yeah, did that with Firion and WoL. WoL ACTUALLY DIED in his run, and with me being so close, I wouldvew even Gemmed a Revive just to get the completion challenge.

8. SirIgnis

SirIgnis Recipeh Master GL Player

Friend Code:
    Brothers tip allowed me to complete power pitch with Cloud Seph and ... MY BOY :fft: !!!! Score was only 45k but that was enough to bring my cloud to crystal 55 and that’s all I wanted.

Zalits likes this.
  9. Dragoni24

Dragoni24 Well-Known Member GL + JP Player

Friend Code:
    GL582455957 JP377935023
    Power : Low Firion (only 15 cp 0 lb ) Low WoL (35 cp 0 lb ) Max Cloud (2 x 35 mlb 1 x 15 cp mlb) summon brothers friend Cloud full 49 k :(
    Magic : Yuna (full MLB) Vanille (full MLB) Terra (Full MLB) friend terra (full Perf best on game @Hiromura )summon brothers 70k (tried swap Vanille to : Shantoto Silver MLB weapon 49k and YSH 15cp 1lb 40k )

Zalits likes this.
  10. Zalits

Zalits Well-Known Member

Friend Code:
    :zidane1: Glad I was able to help and that you were able to get it done Mist! Terra was 100% MVP in magic side, she tears that boss to pieces well all of the bosses if you have her lol

11. Zalits

Zalits Well-Known Member

Friend Code:
    Yeah Ignis the Power side was reaaaally tough to get that score up there I basically spent all day trying to get perfect scenarios for it but at least you got Cloud built up which will help significantly. Like I'm not even kidding though I honestly don't think 70k is possible unless you have your own Cloud/Sazh lol it's rough

12. Zalits

Zalits Well-Known Member

Friend Code:
    Don't be discouraged by lower score in Power Dragoni it's really hard to do without a buffer (don't know if you have one) Yuna will probably be able to help out a lot in the Power one to help boost Bravery levels for both Clouds during second boss summon if you have tried it. And at least you seem to have the Magic one on lock down so there's that XD

13. dexter

dexter all time sad cat GL + JP Player

Friend Code:
    243575397(GL) , 874604681(JP)
    nice strategies post zalits !!! this power pitch is a real power bitch !!
    for the guys like me have sazhless , sephless really fucking tough ...
    i end up use a revive just to make my cloud str 55 :gutted cat: ... and the reward gave me back 50gem ...
    so 50gem for cloud str 55 ... guess im ok with it :roll back cat:

SirIgnis and Zalits like this.
  14. Zalits

Zalits Well-Known Member

Friend Code:
    Thanks Dex! It really is hard to get the scores especially in your case being Sazhless but hey if you managed to get Cloud to 55 that's all that really matters man he'll be a huge help to you later on so don't feel bad!

dexter and SirIgnis like this.
  15. Wolvie

Wolvie Just a royal weirdo VIP GL Player

Friend Code:
    Due to varying real life stuff that's bound to consume my time (including a week in New York Thanksgiving Week and upgrading my phone in a week or two), I'll be sitting out of the Pitch for both.

16. OnionxKnight

OnionxKnight Member GL Player

Friend Code:
    Believe it or not, I don’t have Terra’s or Cloud’s weapons :( so I’m feeing a little bit left behind. any viable characters to get all the rewards in the Heretic Quests (aside from Sazh or Sephiroth)? I have WoL and Y’shtola, but I’m still aiming for Cloud and Terra when I have enough resources to draw.

Also, who are included in the next batch of awakening? I was thinking of spending the red gems on Vaan.

17. Soebandrijo

Soebandrijo Dewanata GL Player

Friend Code:
    Have no weapon for any boosted characters. Only managed to scrape up one magic oriented team. I'll sit both pitch and lv50 magic.

Just realized I've got too many non-magic characters. Bulldozed through power chasm, only carrying boosted char left.

18. Dragoni24

Dragoni24 Well-Known Member GL + JP Player

Friend Code:
    GL582455957 JP377935023
    For Power tried Sazh / Cloud / Terra summon brothers friend Cloud 74k score 54 turns Others with this setup get easy 91k 45 turns
    but I do not like to play with reset for a long time

Zalits likes this.
  19. Aarolei

Aarolei Well-Known Member

Friend Code:
    Hey Zal!

Nice strategy you employed to beat the stage and meet the score requirements.

I actually went in a completely different direction for Power Heretic Mission and instead of going full brute force, I chose a team that could run on a large amount of brave battery gain in short periods of time. Managed almost 72k with this setup...

Firion 55/60: 15CP Passive + 1LB 35CP, 4* MLB Armor
    Terra 55/56: 15CP MLB, 4* MLB Armor
    Lenna 50/50: Full MLB

Cloud 55/60 Full MLB Friend
    Brothers Summon

Basically the strategy relies on using Seize Attack + and Wind Drake Arrow to abuse brave regens for Terra and Firion in the team. Terra can give herself large amounts of free brave via her Meltdown and Meteor chants.

I can definitely go into more detail if need be.

Still working on my magic strategy a bit, will update with another post for you guys since my team will also be slightly different than Zal's~

I Cry 4 Claire and Zalits like this.
  20. Zalits

Zalits Well-Known Member

Friend Code:
    Aaro that's sick dude! Firion is actually hella beast mode when he's MLB with roughly 4k battery per use of Seize Attack+ lol Thinking about it now I can totally see battery comp ripping through the power's chasm!