1. Register NOW and get a chance to win $15!

Click HERE for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been added! Scroll down and join the live discussion.
    Dismiss Notice

So, Here's the Thing...

Discussion in 'Team Help' started by Daily, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Daily

Daily New Member GL + JP Player

Friend Code:
    Global- 551824422 Japanese- 162644418
    Right now I'm rocking an MLB Vaan and Serah, with Sazh on support with nothing more than one 35cp. He was still a better edition than my Edgar.

As it stands Squall has two 35s and 5* Renzokuken through artifacts. So once Awakenings hit, he's gonna want a spot on the team. Similarly, Terra will want to get in on the action with her QoL and Awakenings.

I've completed Hard Mode Chapter 9 with my current set up and am running through Hard Mode WoI with no problems at all, so I don't exactly need the change, but want it. My question is, who would you use as a main party setup?

As I see it, either Serah or Sazh will need to sit out so a heavy hitter can come in. But do iifind more value in Sazh's buffs, or the overall package and versatility of Serah? Shoul Terra, with all her boost, replace Vaan as my magic dps, or will he still outclassed her?

Again, nothing serious, I'm more just curious how you folks would use these characters. I don't plan on doing much upgrading on other characters until Selphie and I feel confident these units will be viable enough for content until then.

2. Zalits

Zalits Well-Known Member

Friend Code:
    Well the problem with Sazh is that he's pretty much rendered almost every single support/buffer useless lol his buffs are so strong that bringing a battery isn't even really necessary because most of the cast can just cap themselves with ridiculously high damage. Which is extremely frustrating for people like me that have invested a lot into having support characters well geared. During my livestream a few days ago I was actually very upset at the fact they released Sazh 35cp so early because honestly...we just don't need it lol unless they plan to release some ungodly difficult content soon. With Sazh being as strong as he is almost all units can be high tier given that you have them fully built. Currently I'm just running Sazh, Tidus, and Vaan (I have Squall 35 cp needs to be mlb) but once I get Squall full build he will probably replace one of them. Tidus feels so strong atm because he doesn't have the low max bravery problem anymore and I honestly value him a lot higher than most atm because he can actually dish out some really nasty damage very quickly. Lightning for some reason just isn't as potent as she used to be? I find she has trouble capping her bravery idk it's odd and my Vaan can't cap either but with dual hp attack he can definitely deal like 16k+ damage in one turn so he's really strong. The only other support that I know of that works really well with Sazh atm is Ashe and their duo can turn any melee or magic user into a god so idk that's just the way I see the current state of the game. We're in a very odd spot but I kind of like it hahaha

To answer your question I'd just drop Serah (I know I'm pissed too I was expecting much more longevity but Square ruined that) she just isn't as potent as Sazh. Bravery batteries feel just like tanks now they just slow things down heavily. At least from what I've seen so far. I'd most certainly rock Squall, Terra, Sazh lol

3. Daily

Friend Code:
    I appreciate the feedback, brother!

I really hate to drop Serah, as I'm f2p and spent a loooot of Power Stones MLBing her. But, she's staying main team until Terra's QoL. However, I feel she still has a place in the meta. moonlight is great for providing bravery which has saved a few inexperienced players from dying in Co-op after doing a poorly timed HP Attack. And her debuff is still really powerful.

At the very least she can have a role in Heretic battles, lol.

Zalits likes this.
  4. robaisolken

robaisolken FF Gaming Legend VIP

Friend Code:
    Yeah sorry about your Serah

But Sazh really put her into the dumpster, along with other support until the awakening era

At least you got Sazh, so not a bad problem to have

5. Daily

Friend Code:
    It's just upsetting to have her for less than two weeks before she's written off as useless. So many Power Stones. :( Sazh functions just fine without MLB, so I'm pretty sure I'm just keeping him where he is at.

I'm not going to pull anymore for Squall .as I'm SURE I'll get tons of his weapons on Selphie's banner while pulling for her. Here's hoping I get lucky and get his EX then, too!