1. Register NOW and get a chance to win $15!

Click HERE for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been added! Scroll down and join the live discussion.
    Dismiss Notice

Pre-Stream Guessing Game

Discussion in 'General' started by Callos, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Callos

Callos That guy that did that thing GL Player

With the 28th rapidly approaching, I'm taking it upon myself to rip the curtain back early(and possibly be far off base). Join me in a guessing game.

Oct. 28 ;leon LC and later on, the monthly stream

Oct. 31 Halloween and ;sherlotta maybe? Possibly. Dissidiadb(Rem) has it on the calendar, and being the last Cosmos era event, seems a good ending point.

Nov. 8th EX+ Era begins. 4th Awakening batch of ;cloud;vincent;dkc;garnet;yang;seifer.
    Banners will likely be ;cloud;vincent;yang and ;dkc;garnet;seifer.
    Also could include ;beatrix LC.

Nov. 11 ;fang LC and ;levia Ultimate

Nov. 14 ;garland the villain nobody remembers because of WoL

Nov. 22 the dreaded ;deuce LC

Nov. 28 Turkey Day........ and ;ultimecia

Agree? Disagree? Discuss.

Meruem and Leprechaun like this.
  2. Dragoni24

Dragoni24 Active Member GL + JP Player

Friend Code:
    GL582455957 JP377935023
    Agree +1 <3 :D ;rc31a

Leprechaun likes this.
  3. Leprechaun

Leprechaun Worst RNG king GL Player Worst RNG King

Friend Code:
    I just need woi weapons in ;pt shop.

I agree with your timeline and if we get Beatrix I hope with her EX+ and rework release:

- it would mess up with our foresight savings
    - people would have to burn ;g before ;ultimecia
    - One magic EX+ for Deuce

Yum, holidays I don't care but America does, so... More ;t ;g and free stuff for me. Thank you Turkey Day!

I just use this post to insert my monthly wishlist: what are you waiting for this stream?

1) WoI weapon, as I already said (Need Cloud dispel)

2) the free 100 slots for EX+ release

3) EX+ release festival! Free multi, free shards, an heretic Co-op with everyone or no one synergy!

4) Free stuff for halloween and free Halloween multi! A one day only banner with... Idk... ;vivi ;auron ;vincent ?
    robotic wizard because Terra the witch got a banner really close, zombie and frankenstein monster

5) Free stuff for Turkey Day! Free multi on a banner with whatever!

4. Callos

If Beatrix does come, it will be a personal tragedy. After blowing 80k pre-pity with no EX, to come literally weeks before the one character I've been looking forward to playing with since I saw her JP release.
    She was the early Sazh 35 of the EX era. Her rework and EX+ are bonkers. But Ultimecia is just so damn good.:notlikethis its literally the one thing I hope I'm wrong about.

1. Won't happen yet, I think we won't get WoI weapons in shop until Brothers Ultimate.

2. Thatd be appreciated.

3. I'm sure there will be a new era celebration. That's why I targeted the 8th. I figure the Autumn festival ends the 7th, so I'm betting a good 5-6 hour maintenance will happen. They'll have to add Spheres, Pages/Books, Nuggets/Ingots, the EX+ themselves. Lots of fun stuff.

4. Halloween. Sherlotta should be going. If they do a short time banner I'd prefer it had ;sephiroth;quistis;laguna. I like your reasoning, except Vincent is in the awakening batch so no need, Vivi is too niche....... and Auron plain sucks. I know, I have him.

5. Yes free stuff, give me Ultimecia whole kit so I can save 75k. I dont exactly care because I have no interest in any character past Ultimecia until Jack. I'm gonna wait for Leo and go ham on that Leo, Penelo & Cater banner.

Leprechaun likes this.
  5. Wolvie

Wolvie Just a royal weirdo VIP GL Player

Friend Code:
    The only thing that probably won't be coming in November is Beatrix's LC, and that is despite the not good reaction from some from the last stream on the matter, as it appears that Global is following JP more closely lately. If Beatrix's LC is after Leonhart's, then we could see Fang as the LC synergy for Ultimecia instead of Garland unless Global gets another GL First character to keep Fang as the LC synergy character for Garland's event.

Regarding Ultimate Leviathan, that may be the beginning of December at 2:00am UTC (30 November for those in or near the US time zone wise) since Turkey Day this year is 28 November and November might see Global slowing things down for the holidays, keeping things consistent with when the Ultimate Esper Trials go live on Global.

I'm going to make a very bold prediction here and say Global will see a new batch of the Lost Chapter Trials: Kefka-Leon at some point in November plus a Thanksgiving themed event.

Meruem and Leprechaun like this.
  6. Epsilon

Epsilon Mogglesguard GL Player

Friend Code:
    532342688 - GL
    Omg same. Beatrix banner destroyed me and when they released pity I was gutted that it didn’t come that little bit earlier. I’ll be really disappointed if I miss her again.

All of this sounds reasonable to me. I’m just hoping perhaps naively we get an alternate
    Edea
    outfit for Ultimecia like in Dissidia NT

7. Leprechaun

Friend Code:
    She should be a whole different character tho :eek:
    (I did not play ffXIV but are lyse and x really so different?)

Epsilon likes this.
  8. Epsilon

Epsilon Mogglesguard GL Player

Friend Code:
    532342688 - GL
    True! I’d prefer that.

To answer your Lyse question...

Yda is Lyse. In the sense that the Yda we have seen so far in DFFOO is Lyse.

Quite far into the main story of FFXIV, Yda reveals that when she was young, her older sister (Yda) died in a war. Lyse trained to be strong like her and assumed her identity, pretending to be Yda. Eventually she reveals her name is actually Lyse and gets rid of the mask and outfit. After this point she undergoes a lot of personal development as a character, but she is the same person and her abilities don’t change.

It could have worked well as an alternate outfit, but I’m actually glad they didn’t because I was a Monk main in FFXIV and it’s nice to see so many of the different abilities available. (Lyse basically has a lot of the higher level abilities that were introduced in more recent expansions)

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
    Leprechaun likes this.
  9. Callos

I think Leviathan Ultimate will be earlier because they swapped Tidus for Zell on Fang's original event for synergy. So to keep things tidy Zell can stay on Fang's event, Tidus can be synergy to Leviathan, and they still coincide in the same general area they did on JP.

I dont think we will see any more LC Trials. The only reason GL got it in the first place was a way to distribute the 15 cp weapons to players who already completed those LC. It was content to fill a void in their schedule, much like Abyss.

Now speaking of Abyss, does this event have a future? Does it stay separate, or does it become home to FEoD? Will having not completed the 10 prior floors keep players essentially locked out of FEoD content if SE goes that route.

Leprechaun likes this.
  10. Wolvie

Friend Code:
    I respectfully disagree with Leviathan coming sooner, since Krile's rework is tied to it and the 4th wave of 70/70 Awakenings (the start of the EX+ variant) likely comes before it. The Tidus/Zell swap from Fang's initial Global banner will likely come to the forefront with the November calendar either way. Every Ultimate Esper Trial came at the end of the odd month in the US (i.e. 31 May, 31 July and 30 September). Ultimate Leviathan will be no different here and will likely be in the December calendar instead.

The LC Trials from Kefka-Leon makes sense despite what you think. The first had a batch of 12 units, the 2nd with 15. Leon's LC was the last on JP where the hardest fight was the Level 100 fight. Including Leon's LC (going live in minutes) Global is 12 Lost Chapters since the last LC Trials (the lower number from the previous two LC Trials). With Global likely slowing down a bit, it's the perfect time to have another batch of LC Trials, especially when Fang's LC is a surefire event in November and hers has the COSMOS and CHAOS difficulty fights in them.

We don't know if Beatrix's LC will be part of the November calendar, and if she is, Global content is FURTHER altered and some might not be happy if that happens (Ultimecia), as the LC synergy character will likely change starting with Garland's event. The last thing Global was given ahead of time was Lightning's rework. Since then, everything Global's been given is TO THE LETTER from JP.

Regarding Beatrix's rework and 70/70 - don't be surprised IF she takes Zell's place as Special Synergy for Ultimate Leviathan with the rework, 70/70 and EX+ variant. She made her debut on JP with the EX+ variant and as 70/70 in July. Since Global is following JP more closely, we probably won't see her LC in November but will get her 70/70, rework and EX+ variant with Ultimate Leviathan, and that's coming the end of November to keep the Ultimate Esper Trials consistent with when they go live on Global.

Leprechaun likes this.
  11. Leprechaun

Friend Code:
    I agree with Callos, LC trials were the "free 15 cp" people was waiting for.
    Kefka - Leon already have them in LC and had in their event.
    They could create an Abyss trial instead, with increasing rewards based on cleared strata (increasing rewards like jp's got with FeoD)

If really want to do LC, they should give a good reward to compensate those weapons (like... 3;pt each?)

thanks, I kinda knew her story about being same person

I meant... From a pure FFXIV gameplay perspective does she really need a new character? Or would have been the same with a skin and those monk abilities in future weapons?

Like Decil and Pecil have a whole different ability set, just like summon and singer Yuna (as gunner is a skin now)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
  12. Wolvie

Friend Code:
    You actually got something incorrect about the free copy 15CP in Lost Chapters. While it is there to get at your own leisure, it's ONLY for those who missed out on them the FIRST time. If you got it during the initial event you get 20K gil instead in the corresponding LC (because of the prompt that says something like 'you already have this from the initial event, here's 20K gil' - as one who has yet to miss a character event, this is something easy to spot).

With the LC Trials, you get 500 gems PER CHARACTER as well as the free copy of the 15CP weapon upon recruiting certain characters and then clearing their LC in Normal Mode (first batch gave 6,000 gems [500×12]; second batch gave 7,500 gems [500×15]). With the LC Trials, this is REGARDLESS if you have the unit and its 15 (I've obtained some power stones to help develop other weapons because of the LC Trials).

While Global is not as far behind on some stuff it's still approximately 8-9 months behind on other things.

13. Leprechaun

Friend Code:
    True.
    But LC trials gave those out because they were characters who didn't give a free 15cp with their event.

Since Sephiroth we get gils in LC and 15cp in Event... and with GL mash up we actually got some LC who gave us only gils in LC trial because we already have 15cp.
    The 500gems as well they were added because they increased LC rewards. Since trials all LC we are having are already giving out 15cp and 500;g on normal mode.

I remember with trials I got some ;ps because I already pulled for those characters (like ;faris) but characters like Lenna didn't give me a free ;ps :( (who had a sooner free 15cp thanks to mash up)

With trials they would be giving out them for free to whoever already got them.

I.E. Noctis: you would get 15cp for event/lc completion + 1 more for trial.
    It would be awesome but unlikely.

For an Abyss trials i meant, as we are getting EX+, something like:

"if you beat first 3 strata 250;g 5;t
    -6 strata 250;g 5;t 2;pt ;5;at
    -9 strata 500;g 10;t 3;pt ;10;at EX+ upgrade materials (no books)
    - all strata 10,000;g 10;t 5;pt ;10;at more EX+ books and materials"

(numbers are kinda random, I don't remember Jp rewards)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
  14. Wolvie

Friend Code:
    JP doesn't have Abyss (which is likely exclusive to Global from my understanding on the matter) but they do have FEoD (Far Ends of the Dimensions).

15. Leprechaun

Friend Code:
    We'll get FEoD when time will come. I think Abyss Beta may just be Feod beta.
    Or we may get both, who knows :D more rewards :D

16. Callos

So I was somewhat right, not bad not bad.

Leprechaun likes this.
  17. Leprechaun

Friend Code:
    I'm happy I can buy Cloud dispel :D

18. Wolvie

Friend Code:
    Not surprised and also happy. The LC Trials bit is something that I can imagine Global doing again (as those were loads of fun) if the demand was there. Not shocked by them not having another one.

Ultimate Leviathan: not one bit surprised there. With Thanksgiving being the end of November in the US, I had a feeling that it was gonna get pushed up because of that (one CAN dream).

Also not surprised to see alternate costumes for Garland and Garnet coming to Global early (likely the only things that come early to Global).

Leprechaun likes this.
  19. Callos

I had Cloud's WoI from the original banner but never bothered using powerstones on it until I landed his EX from the Start Dash. Matter of fact, I broke Vaan and Squall's before it lol. Still have Hope and Laguna WoI to deal with....... Hope will get done when his EX+ comes..... if I get his EX.

Gonna be a fun nerve destroying month, RNGeebus bless us all.