1. Register NOW and get a chance to win $15!

Click HERE for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been added! Scroll down and join the live discussion.
    Dismiss Notice

New player confused on Artifacts .....

Discussion in 'General' started by Neogrim, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Neogrim

Neogrim New Member

Hello everyone and its a pleasure to introduce myself. Yes, the one and only Neogrim is making an appearence in this kick ass new game to master.

My question today is on Artifacts. Is the [passive] aquired when I max limit break and max level said artifact RANDOM ? Or is the [passive] always the same so that also would make it a waste to have more than one 4* max of each toon and therefore making my growing inventory problem - a SERIOUS PROBLEM - ?!

Great game so far ... I am just getting my feet wet and looking for advice from you veterans. Some of you have some bad ass toons that I wish to rival one day.

Naryah and Lothadric like this.
  2. Wolffe

Wolffe New Member GL Player

Friend Code:
    GL 303373596
    It's random for example squall u want 3x att 108 + mbrave 330 and its very hard to get 3 of em ( 200 ++ artifact combined and none for me ), u can combine the gold artifact ( MLB'd artifact ) with silver artifact for more exp less gold,and u can keep 3 artifact passive so MLB'd artifact are only as good as another artifact's exp fodder that's why u shouldn't have inventory problem if u can upgrade ur artifact efficiently, good luck and all the best on getting the best artifact passive :)

belovedchaos1 likes this.
  3. Cait

Cait Retired Toysaurus GL + JP Player

Friend Code:
    GL846090441 JP119513659
    Welcome, Neogrim! The artifact passives are random. You don't need to keep them once they are fully maxed and leveled (turns into 5* if a 4* fact, and 4* if it was a 3*, etc.) You can fuse them into other characters' artifacts or sell them. You can equip them, but 4* and 5* armor are much better! Orange artifacts are better than white. Double orange is best. Atk 108 and MBRV 330 are better than Def 126 and HP 1020. A few characters are best with IBRV 170 (for example, Aerith's best artifacts are Atk 108 for stronger Healing Wind and IBRV 170 for stronger BRV battery.) Some characters' passives are better to have than their skill passives (for example: Bartz's Simple Mastery**, Prische's Ability Attack Bonus**, Terra's Trance Boost**, etc. Try to get them x3.) Good luck and happy gaming!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    belovedchaos1 likes this.
  4. Strayfe

Strayfe Member GL Player

The best artifacts are those with a passive skill** + a reasonable amount of cp ( so not 15 ), and yep the good thing is that their passives are random so you don't need to keep 100 golden artifacts, just use them to max another artifact you'll never lose the passive if you don't erase it with a new one. In Co op events ( lvl 70 ) you get a laaaaaaaarge amount of artifacts, especially if you use the treasure books ( for the item x 2 during 30 minutes, it's better to get golden tokens quickly ), so farming passive skills is pretty easy :)

5. Soebandrijo

Soebandrijo Dewanata GL Player

Friend Code:
    Don't forget to look for Gil saving tips and tricks, as looking for dream artifacts demands A LOT of gils. Make sure you saved up 700k+ yellow coins when you want to seriously chase for ideal artifacts of one character.

Lothadric likes this.
  6. Cait

Friend Code:
    GL846090441 JP119513659
    For fast and quick gil, you can get power/guard orbs from the event exchange shops and also the Dissidia shop,
    then sell them! You can also use items x2 or x3 on a Golden Cactaurs cycle quest.

7. Curtis Bissonnette

Curtis Bissonnette New Member

HOW Do you going to use this object in the game? I am in confusion.

8. Cait

Friend Code:
    GL846090441 JP119513659
    To fuse artifacts together, tap ENHANCE, tap Artifacts section (at the right of armor section), then choose one character artifact you want to enhance (for example - Cloud with 4*), you need 3 of the same Cloud with 4* to limit break it (3 orbs will be filled) and you can choose any character artifact (2*, 3*, 4*, or 5*) to level it fully. Once your Cloud 4* artifact is fully maxed, it will turn into a 5* artifact and 2 random things will appear (such as Atk 108 and Mighty Cross Slash**) as a new passive for Cloud. Now each character can hold 5 passives from artifacts, but can only equip 3 of those passives. Hope that helps.

9. Soebandrijo

Friend Code:
    And if you truly, really, desperately, stubbornly chase that dream artifacts, be prepared for MANY hours of dull tapping. I for once have emptied several full bags of artifacts just to land three yellow colored artifacts out of maximum possible of 6.

10. Neogrim

Neogrim New Member

Thanks everyone for your advice, it was VERY helpful! Another related question I have is does a similar concept apply to weapon passives? Once I have maxxed my unique 5* weapon and it shows my toon has ACTIVE PASSIVE can I unequip the weapon and instead use CP to keep the ability? Or will I always have to be using that weapon for the passive to work? I pulled THREE Da Vinci Brushes in a ROW with my draw tickets the other day ... no joke! But i was hoping i could use CP for that ability and use the chocobo brush since that one is maxxed limit break and Relm is a bad lil beezy. Thanks again everyone for the help in advance!

Cait likes this.
  11. Cait

Friend Code:
    GL846090441 JP119513659
    When you MLB (Max Limit Break) a 4* or 5* weapon or armor, the specific character will permanently gain the passive of that gear. If your Chocobo Brush (15cp) is MLB, you can sell that for 4 powerstones to use for maxing her 35cp weapon (since you already have 3 Da Vinci Brushes) or hold off and use the power stones for later/another weapon. The 35cp is much stronger and usually better than the 15cp. Equip Da Vinci Brush and equip the passive of the Chocobo Brush. Best artifact for Relm is Future Master Artist Boost** x3.

12. Neogrim

Neogrim New Member

Thank you Cait! Your answer definately cleared up my confusion and I'm working on powering up more artifacts as I write this. I have something like over 300 in my bags and now i know what the hell I'm doing. This game sure does have an interesting "grind", to say the least.

Another question, if you all don't mind...

When I "follow" a player, what exactly does that do?

Cait likes this.
  13. Cait

Friend Code:
    GL846090441 JP119513659
    No problemo! Glad to help out! Before entering a battle, you will see a list of your friends to choose as a support (people who followed you back, you have 5 turns with them) and sometimes you see those you are following (this support only gives you 3 turns.) You follow people that you would like to use as a support and hopefully they will follow back. Try to put your strongest MLB character as your support with great/good artifacts. When you update/change an artifact passive of your support character, be sure to update/equip those passives via User Data.

14. EdgarA

EdgarA New Member

Friend Code:
    Artifacts confuse me too.

So I have more than 4 gold artifacts for some characters but I can’t seem to work out which one is which. It is so hard to tell. I don’t want to end up selling one that I really want. Please help!!!!

15. Blackbolt666

Blackbolt666 New Member

Once you max an artifact the character gets the passive and you no longer need to keep the artifact. Also don't sell it, use it to limit break the next artifact you level.

16. Soebandrijo

Friend Code:
    It is okay to be confused by artifacts management. It is about character min-maxing.
    If the skills of your character involving several brv attacks, ATK108 might have more sway than others.
    Brave battery skills based on Int brv? Throw that in.
    Brave battery based on max brv? 330 plays along.
    Read carefully artifacts which are based on crystal level5 50, many of them takes priority over all others.

17. Strayfe

Strayfe Member GL Player

Don't worry, you absolutely don't need to keep them, it's the same thing with the weapons. Once you mlb an artifact or a weapon, the passive is yours, even if you sell the weapon or if you use the artifact to max another one. In addition to that pay attention to the fact that Eidoja are finally released, it's the ultimate form of an artifact, you have much more chances to get a double rare passive when you max them.

18. EdgarA

EdgarA New Member

Friend Code:
    Thanks everyone. You’ve opened a whole new world to me