1. Register NOW and get a chance to win $15!

Click HERE for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been added! Scroll down and join the live discussion.
    Dismiss Notice

My Strategy for Power's Chasm: Pitch Heretic Mission!

Discussion in 'Streams, Videos & Podcasts' started by Zalits, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Zalits

Zalits Well-Known Member

Friend Code:
    YOO guys! Hope you're all having a fantastic week! My apologies for not having uploaded in a few days my birthday was on Tuesday and as we all know yesterday was Halloween so I just haven't had time to focus on video making with all that commotion. But with all that free time I had, I was able to formulate my strategies for both of the Heretic Events and today I'm here to share those with all of you! The Magic's Chasm portion will be a separate video on its own and I'll post that here soon as well! Also before I forget I don't have any other methods of clearing this boss before some of you ask hahaha so please if you have a different strategy be sure to leave it down in the comments below so that others know about it! I hope you all enjoy and as always Thank You all so much for your support! It truly has been a blessed year thanks to each and every one of you!

When I create the Magic's Chasm Vid I'll post that one too it'll just be a bit late!
    Edit* Don't know why the thumbnail looks super zoomed out maybe it's just me but I'm gonna say that's a Youtube issue lmao

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
    I Cry 4 Claire and vinmos like this.
  2. Aarolei

Aarolei Well-Known Member

Friend Code:
    Hey Zal! Copying some things from your other topic discussing the strategies used on these recent heretics!

Nice strategy you employed to beat the stage and meet the score requirements.

My setup was quite a bit different than yours, but it also managed to score almost 72k!

Firion 55/60: 15CP Passive + 1LB 35CP, 4* MLB Armor
    Terra 55/56: 15CP MLB, 4* MLB Armor
    Lenna 50/50: Full MLB

Cloud 55/60 Full MLB Friend
    Brothers Summon

Basically the strategy relies on using Seize Attack + and Wind Drake Arrow to abuse brave regens for Terra and Firion in the team. Terra can give herself large amounts of free brave via her Meltdown and Meteor chants.

Edits: Updated with strategy below.
    Round 1: Heretic Behemoth
    ---​
    This fight is the easiest one of the bunch and shouldn't take much to beat. Lenna most likely will go first, have her Wind Drake Arrow. Terra Meltdown+ and Firion Seize Attack+. Follow up with Rapid Fire from Lenna (you can use once or twice here to gain mastery), Firion Blood Weapon one time and Terra to use her Meteor chants 1-2 times to gain brave and deal her hp dmg.
    Basically try not to use too many skills here, you'll need them in round two.​
    Round 2: Heretic Red Giant x2
    ---​
    This round is horrible. Its disgustingly evil and will make or break your score.​
    Play like usual till summon is almost ready. Lenna will Wind Drake Arrow and Rapid Fire in the meantime. Let Terra spam those Meteors and Meltdowns till she is almost out. When bar is almost ready, trade Lenna off with Cloud. FT and if you got anyone in line to take advantage of the launch, do what you feel is best at the time. Summon should be ready, don't eff around, just summon. ​
    Cloud Summon was used in this way. Finishing Touch/Cross Slash/Finishing Touch/Cross Slash/Cross Slash. You can setup for good FT's in summon if you Seize Attack with Firion to build mbrv for your Terra and Firion to abuse. I basically went ham against one boss mostly to try to knock it down before summon was over. You can use most of your abilities here too. Most of my abilities on Firion + Terra were used before final round. Had 2 Meltdown+Meteors for Terra and 2 Blood Weapon + 3 Seize Attacks on Firion. Lenna had a bunch of ability uses left but that's fine, we'll need them in the last fight!​
    Round 3: Heretic Gaia Behemoth
    ---​
    Start the round off with Wind Drake Arrow immediately, you need to get that regen re-ticking on your team. Firion Seized Attacked and Terra Meltdown'd. Lenna you need to be careful with, you can't spam the Wind Drake Arrows you have left too fast or she'll run out of steam. I basically Wind Drake Arrow, Rapid Fire, Wind Drake Arrow again. This fight is the easiest of them all for this team so you should have him basically dead by the time you run out of skills.​
    Hope my guide and Zalits's can help you guys in your clears!​

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
    Zalits likes this.
  3. Zalits

Zalits Well-Known Member

Friend Code:
    Thanks again Aaro for posting your strat! And I'll say it again I really like the idea behind that bravery gain comp you have going on there! Battery setups seem to work exceedingly well in this event so there are some work arounds for players who don't have the synergy characters.

Aarolei likes this.
  4. Aarolei

Aarolei Well-Known Member

Friend Code:
    Yes, there's more flexibility than people initially thought. If you've got any of the units from the past month or two they can be very helpful here and are competitive with our batch 1 awakened units. :)

5. Bird

Bird Member

Friend Code:
    Thats my problem. I have gotten 0 for the new batch of characters.
    No Seph 35, Cid, Wakka, Ramza, Quintis, King, Yuna
    Noone is able to amp up themselves or provide great battery.
    Yeah i have Sazh, but honestly his speed runs through his buffs even with all speed passives removed, for this type of quest. And i dont have the power stones to raise Terras and Clouds 35.

That being said i have been able to get 63k
    Cloud 0lm, Terra 0lm, Sazh Mlb, cloud friend (Used Wakkas Cloud). Gonna keep trying it until Coop though. Never know, could get lucky

Zalits likes this.
  6. Zalits

Zalits Well-Known Member

Friend Code:
    Damn dude did you pull on all of those banners and just get shafted or are you just saving? Either way it sounds like you have it rough man I hope you can get the score dude or at the very least max out Terra's weapon she'll probably get you the score honestly

7. Bird

Bird Member

Friend Code:
    I pulled lol
    Am very bad at saving
    Tell myself you should save
    But...go ahead and gem once
    Might as well use a few tickets...

And im broke

Yet the game gives me 4 Papa 35..from tickets!!...AND HES ALREADY MLB haha
    I hate this game :-p

I could max her...but i hoard all weapons
    Only sell 15s once MLB. Cause i feel i never know what square will do
    But even if i dont get the 70k. I am happy knowing its only 5 crystals (15 total i guess)

Zalits likes this.
  8. Zalits

Zalits Well-Known Member

Friend Code:
    I can understand hoarding 15cp but I can't do it lol I mean I'd rather just wait for the weapon tokens to be released and just spam them there

9. I Cry 4 Claire

I Cry 4 Claire forum waifu (Star Wakka Tek approved) VIP GL + JP Player

Friend Code:
    430686376 (gl) 897534646 (jp not very active)
    Happy very belated birthday to you Zalits and thank you for the strat!

I unfortunately don't have a self brave machine like Wakka unless I count in Terra and her Meltdown but I dunno if I'm going to be smart enough in using her throughout the power heretic lol. I also don't have Cloud's 15 passive, not enough stones to MLB it D: SOS

Do you maybe have any other recommendations for units or would I have to pull on the WoL Firion Cloud banner? Not that I don't have resources for the pulls I'm just hoarding gems. xD

Also my Sazh is crap with no 15 passive and only 35 no LB so he hits like a wet noodle even with the boost he gives himself xD

Zalits likes this.
  10. Zalits

Zalits Well-Known Member

Friend Code:
    Thanks for the love Claire! :zidane1: Personally I don't have any other strats but thanks to many others who commented on the video I can give you some team setups that have apparently worked out!
    • Terra, Cloud & Sephiroth w/ Brothers & Cloud friend
    • 55/60 Full MLB Terra 51/60 0LB 35CP Cloud 50/50 Full MLB King Brothers summon and friend 55/60 MLB Terra
    • Cloud, Terra, and Sephiroth with a Terra friend and brothers summon
    • Sazh, Sephiroth and Terra with a friend Terra. 73k.
    • sazh seph terra cloud brothers
    • Cloud lv60 15/15CP MLB, Sazh lv50 35 1LB and Terra lv60 15/35MLB with Zalits's support character and Brothers Summon.
    • Sazh Zell Terra
    • Firion, Cloud and Terra with Cloud Support and Brothers Summon
    And honestly I don't think the strategy for using Terra is that bad just make sure she always has DEF down on bosses and you be able to slay out pretty quickly. There's probably a few others who can work and this list I gave has a lot of similar characters lmao but I'm sure even with weak Sazh the buffs are what's most important. Also Batteries like Yuna who don't rely on damage are really good here too don't know if you have her mlb or not but she's hella good!

11. Bird

Bird Member

Friend Code:
    @Zalits

73k!!

Sazh, Cloud, Terra, Cloud Brothers
    Took many trys, but i never reset

I removed ALL spd passives that i could from Sazh and Terra except trance
    Sazh boost Terra and Cloud first Turn, meteor first boss to lower speed increase my turns
    1 cross from Cloud timing depends on when you feel it is needed. 1-2 Aims from Sazh, 1-2 meltdowns Terra

2nd bosses
    Meteor boss who goes 2nd for spd reduction.
    Break boss with Sazh
    Use Cloud to break other boss, both are pushed back for extra turn
    Replace Terra with Cloud and cross (lucky para is nice here)
    Aim, Finishing Touch, Finishing Touch, Summon.
    Use Aim and Finishing touch as needed. (I used all 3 of Supports and kept 2 aims and 1 FT on my cloud for Final boss and 2 cross attacks)
    1 boss should die or be close, dont waste Cloud on boss if you can finish with Sazh.
    Terra comes back and use Meteor for spd.
    I ended with
    2 Boost and 2 Aim for Sazh
    2 Cross and 1 FT fir Cloud
    3 Meltdown 2 Meteor for Terra keft over for final boss

3rd Boss
    Use skills as needed and destroy

Terra 0LB 35 57/60
    Cloud 0LM 35 57/60
    Sazh MLB 35 50/50

Thats basically how i did it in a nut shell. Took about 2hrs to get the perfect run and got hit for only hp once

Hopefully this can help those who arent maxed completely like me.

Zalits likes this.