1. Register NOW and get a chance to win $15!

Click HERE for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been added! Scroll down and join the live discussion.
    Dismiss Notice

My Concerns

Discussion in 'General' started by Wolvie, May 29, 2020.

1. Wolvie

Wolvie Just a royal weirdo VIP GL Player

Friend Code:
    The thing with my 'FB' now is that it's all fake information (I took down my actual FB a few years ago), so I won't be missing out on anything if I delete FB. Besides, you can't save your in game progress on FB anymore.

What's saddening is that practically none of the DFFOO content creators on YouTube are even addressing it at all (Jet Stingren has mentioned a few times that no one should be pushing others to pull for certain characters and he's a JP main), and that needs to change.

2. ShinobiOkami

ShinobiOkami New Member

Personally I think FB is cancer and haven't used it in years. But as for DFFOO I have flipped-flopped between being a meta chaser and a pure casual and I have landed somewhere in the middle. Without a huge monetary investment it's extremely unlikely to get all the meta kits and all your favorite units (unless you don't have any) but If you're like me and have played FF since the early 90's or earlier, then you likely have a fondness for a lot of characters. At first I tried to have it all and I ended up spending a ton of money and dreading every new banner. Then I switched to only meta units. While it took the burden off my resources it killed the joy of the game. I was only playing to clear content and I was only doing that to stay stocked on resources for the next meta. Now I do both and neither. If the character is a favorite of mine AND a meta pick I go all-in no regrets (Noctis, Lightning). If the character is a favorite but not a meta pick (Fran, Cloud) then there is absolutely no reason to stress over the kit, all the characters are given free no gatcha. Lastly if the character is meta, but I have no attachment to them (leo) I set a defined number of tickets and see what lady luck has to say. This has worked wonderfully for me and I have been able to clear every piece of content in this game with the exception of a few of the recent challenge quests. Obviously who you like and who I like won't match so sadly I can't offer anyone an easy way out. You still have to look at every character and ask yourself what do I want form you? Are you a Top-Tier unit, can you get me DE clear, or do i just want to look at you and know you're on the team.

My only real advice is if you've already decided what you want to do with your resources don't let other people's opinion devalue your choice.

3. Wolvie

Wolvie Just a royal weirdo VIP GL Player

Friend Code:
    I've seen (and later played to varying degrees) the first 9 FF games as well as a bit of 13 and 13-2.

I used to be on Reddit when DFFOO GL was launched but a comment by one who wouldn't let something go (I asked a question but the person who kept on talking disregarded the fact that I was actually close to my job and couldn't talk further) and I didn't want to risk my job or being banned if I replied with something that I could be banned for, so one could say that both Reddit and Facebook are where things could go really bad. I've also had some reply to varying comments of mine on YouTube and Twitter about the aspect of the meta and whatever have you (I spotted a reply to a comment on Twitter that clearly violated their ToS plus a reply to another comment that sounded ageist [the phrase "old timer" was part of said reply, and this was more recent] as the recent comment mentioning on how they've played video games for ~35 years), so there are bad seeds on all platforms. It's the matter of not only playing the game one's own way but also have their voice be heard without judgment *and* have a civil conversation about it [the latter is far more difficult nowadays].

With that being said, however, I am currently torn about either taking a break from DFFOO or leaving it altogether but for reasons unrelated to the game (health and life stuff, as I'm ~5 months away from turning 39).