1. Register NOW and get a chance to win $15!

Click HERE for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been added! Scroll down and join the live discussion.
    Dismiss Notice

My Concerns

Discussion in 'General' started by Wolvie, May 29, 2020.

1. Wolvie

Wolvie Just a royal weirdo VIP GL Player

Friend Code:
    Greetings!

As the rant section for the forum is no more, I want to express my concerns with the community, more specifically those on Facebook. It seems like some are being given a hard time (wording this kindly) over who one is skipping and pulling on. I speak from personal experience here as I have been given a hard time on Facebook in recent months (my FB page is under a pseudonym [fake name for those curious about the term]) and a recent review on Google Play confirms a fear of mine, that parts of the DFFOO community have become quite toxic.

To help elaborate, I pulled on banners I was gonna skip, to feel 'cool' (as in meta units), there were meta units I skipped over others who I favoured more than the meta units. As a result, I found myself having less fun not long after pulling on those banners.

On one occasion - I have 2 examples to share - it was the Ciaran banner (was going after Layle's EX which I got after landing Ciaran's kit) - a troll poked fun at my decision with that banner. Regarding Krile and Ultimecia, similar result. I'm a big Ultimecia fan but not Krile. Two people on FB suggested I pull for Krile, one of whom wrongly assumed I'm a 'meta slave' - not making this up as it was actually said - but they never bothered to ask me about some of my resources (at the time I was too low on power stones and was forced to skip Krile), with the assuming quite a few on FB tend to do without asking first.

Me personally, I don't know what it will take for some in the community to change, because a part of me feels like I don't belong to it at all since I play the game at my own pace (partially because I'm an essential worker) plus go after my favourites as opposed to the meta, and a part of me also feeling I should leave the game altogether, and for good which would suck as I'm a Day One GL player.

Am I torn on what to do here? Yes. The decision to make won't be easy either way, and unless the community on FB changes, things like this will continue to happen.

Gonna get going for now, as I have some grocery shopping to do (and get some errands done).

Last edited: May 30, 2020
    Leprechaun likes this.
  2. Leprechaun

Leprechaun Worst RNG king GL Player Worst RNG King

Friend Code:
    Game atm is doable without pulling only meta chars so I don't get why people has to bash on whoever pulls for a fav or only meta.
    As you say, you should play your pace and do whatever you feel like...
    Except ragesell stuff. That is no good

Sometimes people forget this is a game. You should have fun your way.
    Overcome challenges/enjoy story with your fav chars together/overcome challenges.

It's true there will be characters who are better than others (meta) but you should not feel forced to pull/skip because of this.

3. Wolvie

Friend Code:
    I only wish that more people feel like you on the matter. As for those people, I honestly don't know the reason why myself. There is a part of me, however, that there's more to what they're doing besides what they're doing.

With DFFOO having 8 million downloads between Global and JP, other mobile gacha games likely are having a field day with the slow growth. If the DFFOO community itself is playing a role in the slow growth we have a major problem on our hands.

With the current banner, I said on FB that I am skipping Seifer (not a fan of him at all [almost never use him]) and once again I got heat for that (my post was more focused on Fang and Relm both being underestimated in the raid). Already have the EX for the rest (Lenna, Ace, Fang, Faris and Relm) with Ace, Fang and Lenna all being purple. The only banner I'm for sure going into is Alphinaud's LC banner since there's talk of Cloud of Darkness possibly (not definite) being start of July and you can be sure that I'll be spending resources for her.

4. Leprechaun

Friend Code:
    High five, skipbro!
    I don't like him either... And my pinkist party (Lightning Lenna Serah) managed to 999,999 this chaos so... No need to pull.
    For Feod I still have some dps I can ingots (Shadow and Ok among them)

I'm gonna ticketpull for Alphinaud as well (carbuncle is new doggo), but I think CoD will be late June until start of july.
    Next stream will be on 22nd, so it is possible to get CoD on 24th for 2 weeks.

This month will eat my tickets: Arciela (need more dispel for feod), Carbuncle (and Alphinaud with it), Keiss.

Next month Aphmau (100% debuff immunity is useful).

Yes, Lep is skipping CoD.

5. Wolvie

Friend Code:
    Oddly enough I'm skipping Keiss (already have Zidane's EX, plus my Cloud is purple), on the fence with Arciela as Prishe gives me BAD RNG (like Yuna) but will be playing it by ear, partially because I have used Freya here and there which she helped me with Act 2-3 in Hard Mode and units like Freya is a soft spot like unit for me.

Regarding CoD - yes, I already know about the next stream being 22 June (the last one should have been on a different date in my opinion because 25 May was Memorial Day in the US, a holiday on the last Monday in May where one pays tribute to military personnel, past and present), with the update on the morning of the 24th having to happen before anything else shows up. Some people on the stream mentioned that CoD might not have been planned for June but for early July (Summer Festival and/or Aphmau LC possibly being the missing content for June, since we won't have any free multi pulls for what we do know). Either way, this marks a time where the gap related to the main story is larger than in the past but will pale in comparison to Act 2-11 Part 2, which comes with an even bigger gap (JP will get a mini interlude that will lead into Act 3 round the start of July).

6. Drivebladesman

Drivebladesman New Member

Umm, what does "skipping" and "pulling" mean?

7. Wolvie

Friend Code:
    It's a reference to the banners. Skipping a banner for any reason means that you're not chasing gear. Pulling on a banner means that you're going after gear for any reason.

For example, if you don't have enough resources to go after Arciela's kit (she is the next character event for Global) her banner will be one you'll skip, for the reason that you simply lack the resources to get her gear and fully develop them. Another example would be that if you have the max amount of tickets and you still have summon boards to farm for the remaining amount of tickets it's best to pull on [insert name of unit] due to you having the resources to get whatever and still have areas to farm for additional resources.

8. Leprechaun

Friend Code:
    You can skip even if you have enough resources. It's a strategy to save resources for chars you need/want.

I.e. Raid banners had Seifer/Lenna and Faris/Ace.

I already have Lenna, Faris and Ace so no need to pull in the second banner and I am not interested in Seifer.

Prompto has prompto + freya. I have none of the EXs but I want to pull for Arciela, Keiss and Alphinaud this month, Aphmau next month, so not pulling here means more tickets in these 4 banners.

Wolvie likes this.
  9. Wolvie

Friend Code:
    Same situation for me on raid. Already have Lenna, Faris and Ace (plus Fang [who is fully done going into the raid] and Relm). Not a fan of Seifer but he is a candidate for the EX Weapon Tokens if I ever feel like going after his then.

Did a true light pull on Prompto's LC Banner- limited myself to 75 tickets and 25K gems. Got both EX Weapons plus Prompto's 35 within that limit (Freya's really cool now and I do use her here and there). Alphinaud's LC Banner will be interesting. I already have Yda's EX but will definitely go after Alphinaud.

Aricela is a toss up mainly due to Prishe joining Yuna as units who give me bad RNG. If I do pull on her banner it definitely won't be until the additional daily missions tied to the event are done. That way I have as many resources available.

Keiss is a skip for me. Already have Zidane's EX plus a fully done Cloud for the event.

I may go after Fujin (who's growing on me I must admit) - she is a play by ear character for me.

10. Epsilon

Epsilon Mogglesguard GL Player

Friend Code:
    532342688 - GL
    I do see what you mean about the FB community in particular. It’s very much a sense of people trying to show off how great they are by putting others down.

I don’t use it myself, but there’s definitely a more welcoming environment here at least.

Wolvie likes this.
  11. Nvisible

Nvisible New Member

this is the warriors' respite after all...

wish i could've been a day 1er. i just missed the first squall event before i heard about this game. it's unfortunate that rank doesn't reflect our time invested. anyway, i appreciate what you said about playing your pace. this game is purposely designed to let us catch up on a backlog at our own pace, and it doesn't deny us dessert for missing a day of logging in. the game is generous enough, but it's still a good idea to be wise with resources. so grind on bud!

Wolvie likes this.
  12. Wolvie

Friend Code:
    Actually, the in game rank will become a factor soon, bigger than the plates (although the plates are tied to varying rewards that should be coming to Global soon). There's one key update coming to Global later this year where the in game rank helps determine how quick one does the Summon Boards. The higher the in game rank the bigger the bonus will be (it's close to the start of the LD/BT Weapon Era). Fortunately for me, my in game rank is currently at 876 (801 is the minimum in-game rank to get the 1.4x bonus when you farm the summon boards, the best bonus to date).

Epsilon likes this.
  13. Epsilon

Friend Code:
    532342688 - GL
    Oh wow I had no idea - this is great news!

Wolvie likes this.
  14. Wolvie

Friend Code:
    It is. For example, and we'll be using my current in game rank (as it'll have the best bonus), summon board farming for Ultimate Odin (which should come to Global in September) would take 6 runs to do, which one 15 minute tome of training is more than sufficient to master that summon board for two units (Noctis, Fang and Seven are all synergy [plus three others which I forgot the names] for that particular Esper as it's when Noctis gets his LD/BT weapon) as one run should be 1,260 points with the correct set up as opposed to 900 points we currently have.

15. Leprechaun

Friend Code:
    I think it should be next month with Alexander SB.

16. Wolvie

Friend Code:
    They may put that in August with the start of the LD/BT Era, as Global has a habit of picking and choosing what comes early, what comes when JP got it and what comes later than when JP got it.

17. Wolvie

Friend Code:
    Facebook just got a LOT worse over the last couple of days, over the upcoming Keiss event. Some of the comments I saw range from the following - I can't make these up to save my life:

"...you fool, don't skip this one!"

"META first only favourite..."

"You're gonna regret yourself... Skip this character just because you didn't play(ed) his game is a big mistake."

Some of them are disregarding what's coming before the LD/BT, especially when most of June lacks a free multi pull:

1. Cater RW/EX (can solo varying DE: Entropy)
    2. Cloud of Darkness (who can solo DE: Entropy and Ultimate Alexander Chaos [the latter Lightning can also do]; also has Kefka's RW)
    3. Sazh RW/EX (alongside Raijin [Raijin is among the first to get his 80/80 Awakening] but I only mention Sazh as his is the more desirable between him and Raijin)
    4. Aphmau LC (Aphmau EX [don't know if she gets her RW])
    5. Eald'narche Event (his kit as well as Garnet RW)
    6. Sherlotta LC (Rydia RW)
    7. Trey Event (his kit but not mentioning Quistis' RW)
    8. Summer Campaign?

I'm debating on permanently deleting Facebook because of those comments, but will see. Some of the people there are a complete waste of my breath and time.

18. Epsilon

Friend Code:
    532342688 - GL
    That group sounds toxic. I’d just unfollow

Wolvie likes this.
  19. Wolvie

Friend Code:
    That's what I am debating on - either just unfollow/unlike or delete FB altogether.

20. Leprechaun

Friend Code:
    Just unfollow. I wouldn't delete whole FB because of those idiots.