1. Register NOW and get a chance to win $15!

Click HERE for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been added! Scroll down and join the live discussion.
    Dismiss Notice

Mid April - Burst Era

Discussion in 'General' started by Callos, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Callos

Callos That guy that did that thing GL Player

Friend Code:
    Its quickly approaching, so since my last topic reached May, lets cover the last 3 months before the game kicks into overdrive.

Rest of April
    Fran LC - Fran & Ashe EX+
    EXDeath - EXDeath & Gilgamesh EX +
    Nothing game changing, Ashe is probably the only character worth chasing

Possibly end of April/Early May
    Awakening batch X - Lightning, Shadow, Hope, Cyan, Wakka *final 70 awakening batch*
    Lightning and Hope >_>, Shadow is fun

May
    The crying sister LC -_-
    Caius - meh, Noel is better
    Diablos - Aerith & Wakka EX+, Sabin and Kuja repeat
    Early Summer campaign? - the full protagonist EX banner
    Cinque LC - she's still slow, but you can get Snow
    Jack - Jack and Ramza

June
    Raid - Giant Wings waiting for you - Seifer and Lenna EX+
    Prompto LC - who cares about him, Freya EX+
    Arciela - and Prishe
    Relic of old glory? - Cyan, Fujin, Vanille and Setzer, Balthier, Pal Cecil
    Act 2 ch 9 - Cloud of Darkness, Kefka
    Alphinaud LC - and Yda
    Keiss - and Zidane

July
    Aphmau LC - and Lion
    Ealdenarche - and Garnet
    Campaign? - CATER EX+.......... oh and Penelo and Leo if you skipped him
    Alexander - GOD KING SAZH...... Raijin, Rosa, Tidus
    Sherlotta LC - and Rydia
    Trey - and Quistis
    Campaign? 2 and 3 - Emperor, Ignis, DKC and Edge, Beatrix, Yuri

Barring any content pushbacks August will start the Burst Era

Epsilon likes this.
  2. Wolvie

Wolvie Just a royal weirdo VIP GL Player

Friend Code:
    I personally think a delay is coming whether we want it or not. California extended their lockdown to 3 May, with LA County (within California) having theirs extended to 15 May.

Don't underestimate Porom. She's a solid support unit in her own right. Her and Yang's reworks are said to make them both worthy to chase in her LC.

The same could be said about Prompto being a tank of sorts with his LC alongside Freya's rework and EX. It ultimately comes down to who is perceived as [insert type of] meta, and why it's a never-ending cycle as the current meta is bound to be replaced by someone else.

Summer Campaign should be in June, just like last year since they tend to have on the month the season starts (Spring: March; Summer: June; Fall: September; Winter: December).

I think that Lenna and Seifer's reworks will show up in May with Ultimate Diabolos, before the Summer Fest. May will likely be Rework Month (Hope, Shadow, Snow, Porom, Yang and Wakka for starters).

Kefka's rework is with Act 2-9 - the timing of that being close to Arciela's event (which also has Prishe's rework) could force players to choose between Aricela and Cloud of Darkness unless a free multi is involved.

According to some on Facebook, Keiss is said to be at his best with a second launcher (i.e. Cloud, Fang and Layle via S2; Kain, Tifa and Zidane via their EX) in the same party, making team composition tricky if I had to be honest. Zidane gets his 2nd rework here.

3. Callos

Callos That guy that did that thing GL Player

Friend Code:
    I was going off Altema's gacha hall, its why there's ? on some events. Since I dont play jp, and we dont always get the same banners.

I dont care if she replaces Yshtola and Rosa, I wouldnt use crying girl. These are, as always have been, my jaded opinions. And its more a short version of what banners are coming up, because people are always asking "When's X come back/whos the next LC". I didnt try guessing dates because Im guessing a delay will happen.

Prompto is the worst of the boy band. I dont personally care about meta, I have plenty of favorites who fall outside that realm *Seymour*. I do prefer characters who do their job well and dont feel clunky.

They wont stop doing the raids just because theyve run out of awakening batches.

Anybody who chooses CoD over Arciela is welcome to, I wont be one of them.

As a fan of Zidane, I can safely say without massive improvements from his LD and Burst, he will be with Squall as the least used main protagonists.

4. Wolvie

Wolvie Just a royal weirdo VIP GL Player

Friend Code:
    You need to be careful with using Altema as a source, mate. Not only were they the ones who leaked Cloud of Darkness BEFORE she was confirmed on JP, they're also QUITE biased.

Just because units like Aricela is meta does NOT mean it's the 'do all and be all' and the only units worth chasing. I don't play JP myself but have played both FFBE and FFRK in the past and can say that meta is a never-ending cycle.

You can't have enough support units because of Abyss: Normalis and Dimension's End: Entropy. BOTH require a diverse roster. Rosa and Y'shtola won't be enough.