1. Register NOW and get a chance to win $15!

Click HERE for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been added! Scroll down and join the live discussion.
    Dismiss Notice

Item Contemplations: Tidus - Brotherhood

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Berserkologist, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Berserkologist

Berserkologist Retired and Permanently Inactive VIP

Friend Code:
    BROTHERHOOD REVIEW BY BERSERKOLOGIST
    [​IMG]

MAX STATS (LV 35)
    ATTRIBUTEVALUE
    HP115
    INT BRV273
    MAX BRV2,925
    ATK986
    DEF55
    MAX CP50

AFFINITY ABILITY:

Vex
    Upgrade: Slash Combo (powerful BRV attack + HP attack)
    Turn rate+
    SPD Down hit rate+, boost, duration+
    Target: 6 turns ATK Down I & DEF Down I
    IMPACT
    Not only does this sword have fantastic stats on it, the Affinity Ability gives Slash a beautiful makeover! Without Brotherhood, Slash just does above average BRV damage with a small chance to inflict a SPD down debuff for 5 turns. But if you got a Brotherhood in hand, Slash becomes a channeling attack that begins with a hard-hitting BRV attack and finishes in a HP attack! Not only that, but it has a very high chance to debuff SPD, ATK, and DEF for 6 turns!!! Holy maple syrup, Batman!

This weapon can turn Tidus from meh to kweh! ...that doesn't make any sense :( It seemed pithy in my head.​

SHOULD I PULL?
    Should you pull for Brotherhood? Mmm, probably... but maybe not. Let's go over some questions:

1. Is Tidus needed for any content?
    No. But a well-equipped Tidus really brings a lot to the table. Brotherhood can change the game for Tidus.
    2. Do you like Tidus?
    Only you can answer that.
    3. Will this speed up runs in say World of Illusions or other daily dungeons?
    Yes! Emphatically so! Without this weapon, Tidus isn't a great choice for speedrunning, but with it, he can roll with the best of them!
    4. Is Tidus viable without this weapon?
    Yes and no. Tidus without either of his 5* weapons kinda stinks. If you have an Astral Sword, you're pretty good. If you got a Brotherhood, now Tidus is VIP material.
    5. Will there be better, more appropriate options for Tidus in the future?
    Eventually we'll see EX weapons... but that doesn't negate the value/importance of Brotherhood. You want this Affinity Ability if you have future plans for Tidus.
    6. Are there going to be better options among future 35CP weapon users?
    I felt like this question might be more important to consider than question #5. Tidus is the first (technically second) of what will be a deluge of 35CP weapons. Will Tidus still hold up against future units that get their full kit? He will... but, there will be more impressive improvements on future banner features. For this reason, you're not wrong to be reticent on pulling for Brotherhood.
    BERSERKOLOGIST'S EVALUATION / SCORE TERM (BESTâ„¢):
    AESTHETIC: 5.5 / 10
    UPGRADE IMPACT: 9.5 / 10
    NECESSITY: 8 / 10
    CURRENT VALUE: 10 / 10
    FUTURE PROOF: 9 / 10

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    PikaJew likes this.
  2. Vediad

Vediad Seed

Friend Code:
    I think that if you want use tidus, it's mandatory MLB everything.. it's an all-round character that can do everything, not the best but really good and both of his weapon passive are useful.
    But i've pull mostly for your question number 2.. i like the character

3. Swordsman

Swordsman Single Forever

Friend Code:
    i think he will remain in my party for a long time till someone significantly better replace him..

Vediad likes this.