1. Register NOW and get a chance to win $15!

Click HERE for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been added! Scroll down and join the live discussion.
    Dismiss Notice

Item Contemplations: Tidus - Astral Sword

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Berserkologist, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Berserkologist

Berserkologist Retired and Permanently Inactive VIP

Friend Code:
    ASTRAL SWORD REVIEW BY BERSERKOLOGIST
    [​IMG]

MAX STATS (LV 35)
    ATTRIBUTEVALUE
    HP115
    INT BRV221
    MAX BRV2,616
    ATK880
    DEF55
    MAX CP30

AFFINITY ABILITY:

Speed Ace
    Quick Hit boost
    Self: 3 turns ATK Up I & SPD Up I
    IMPACT
    Astral Sword is one of those weapons that gives a dandy facelift to an otherwise dim ability. Quick Hit without Astral Sword is a middling BRV attack with a high usage count and good turn rate. With Astral Sword, it becomes a pretty damn excellent BRV buster, with a high usage count, good turn rate, AND it buffs Tidus's ATK and already high SPD!

Since you get roughly 7-8 uses of Quick Hit, I think this weapon is a winner for sure.​

SHOULD I PULL?
    Mmm, as of my writing this review, Astral Sword is on a banner with Brotherhood (his 35CP weapon). This kind of complicates the matter a little. Let's go over some questions:

1. Is Tidus needed for any content?
    No. But a well-equipped Tidus really brings a lot to the table. Astral Sword definitely is a part of that equation.
    2. Do you like Tidus?
    Only you can answer that.
    3. Will this speed up runs in say World of Illusions or other daily dungeons?
    This weapon, specifically, no. Unless you're dry on channelers and have to resort to longer strategies, then sure, this weapon's as good as the next.
    4. Is Tidus viable without this weapon?
    Yeah... maybe not... depends. I mean, if you got a Brotherhood, you don't need Astral Sword... but if you don't have either of his weapons, Tidus isn't really worth much. Astral Sword is worth a lot for Tidus.
    5. Will there be better, more appropriate options for Tidus in the future?
    I don't think this is the right way to look at it for Tidus. The improvements that Astral Sword brings to Quick Hit are significant enough that this weapon has value. Brotherhood was launched with Astral Sword, and while yes, it is the better of the two, it brings something completely different to the table.
    BERSERKOLOGIST'S EVALUATION / SCORE TERM (BESTâ„¢):
    AESTHETIC: 3 / 10
    UPGRADE IMPACT: 8 / 10
    NECESSITY: 7.5 / 10
    CURRENT VALUE: 8 / 10
    FUTURE PROOF: 8 / 10

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    PikaJew likes this.