1. Register NOW and get a chance to win $15!

Click HERE for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been added! Scroll down and join the live discussion.
    Dismiss Notice

Item Contemplations: Layle - Tida's Phantom

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Berserkologist, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Berserkologist

Berserkologist Retired and Permanently Inactive VIP

Friend Code:
    TIDA'S PHANTOM REVIEW BY BERSERKOLOGIST
    [​IMG]

MAX STATS (LV 35)
    ATTRIBUTEVALUE
    HP103
    INT BRV220
    MAX BRV2,616
    ATK854
    DEF55
    MAX CP30

AFFINITY ABILITY:

Keeper of the Crystal
    Field Burst boost
    Force hit rate+
    Force duration+
    IMPACT
    Since Layle doesn't have a guaranteed knock back and his bag of tricks is all about producing more opportunities for the event to occur, Tida's Phantom is a very appealing weapon for him. The damage increase on Field Burst is significant but the important detail is in the increased hit rate and duration of the Force affliction. This effectively doubles Force's duration (making it 10 turns)! That's 10 turns where the requirement to generate a knock back is halved!

Think of Tida's Phantom as a team-benefiting weapon more than anything. While it helps Layle a great deal, the benefit it generates for the team is substantial!​

SHOULD I PULL?
    Should you pull for Tida's Phantom? I lean more towards yes than no. However, that's just my opinion! Let's help you find your own. Remember that my answers to these questions are just my answers, fill them in yourself!

1. Is Layle needed for any content?
    Need is a strong word. I think that the value of frequent knock backs is high enough that it can make a lot of content much smoother and down the road this function will probably become even more attractive.
    2. Do you like Layle?
    Only you can answer that.
    3. Will this speed up runs in say World of Illusions or other daily dungeons?
    No. Not this weapon specifically. Layle, himself, does have a channeling attack that often results in a knock back making him totally appropriate for speed runs; but again Tida's Phantom doesn't effect Energy Gain.

4. Is Layle viable without this weapon?
    Yes. But the boost Tida's Phantom gives to Force is nothing to sneeze at. It makes Layle a whole lot more formidable.
    5. Will there be better, more appropriate options for Layle in the future?
    I don't think you'd want to skip Tida's Phantom if you have long term plans for Layle. His 35CP weapon is pretty sick, but, the Force debuff is still valuable enough that this weapon shouldn't be overlooked.

BERSERKOLOGIST'S EVALUATION / SCORE TERM (BESTâ„¢):
    AESTHETIC: 9 / 10
    UPGRADE IMPACT: 8.5 / 10
    NECESSITY: 7 / 10
    CURRENT VALUE: 8.5 / 10
    FUTURE PROOF: 8 / 10

PikaJew likes this.