1. Register NOW and get a chance to win $15!

Click HERE for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been added! Scroll down and join the live discussion.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it worth pulling?

Discussion in 'General' started by Backosteel, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Backosteel

Backosteel New Member GL Player

Friend Code:
    Hi all,

I am a new player and noticed that there is a half-price gem pull for the weekly draw, but it looks like it doesn't include any EX weapons. From my initial pulls I have two EX weapons (Rem and Zel) and one 35 CP Weapon (the girl with the cowboy hat). I do have a few other 15 CP weapons.

Is this half-price pull a worthwhile use of resources? Or should I just save for EX banners?

Thanks for any advice.

2. Einzel

Einzel pew pew pew GL Player

Friend Code:
    i think you should just pull on EX banner and save remaining gems after you get what you need to clear some content.
    but if you only play favorite chars, then just pull what you want

Backosteel likes this.
  3. YatoGXY

YatoGXY Yato Galaxy

Friend Code:
    Japan: 312406922
    Yeah just save for the ex, I like to pull on half banners if it’s one of my favorite characters and I don’t have his or her weapons.

Ithual and Backosteel like this.
  4. Strayfe

Strayfe Member GL Player

Same advice, even if it's only 2K5 a banner without an EX weapon should be skipped... appart if you really need at least 2/3 featured characters stuff, WoL is ( going to be ) an extraordinary character and Tifa is waifu for many people, but a banner with WoL EX and stuff will come after his rework so you don't need to chase his weapons this week ! Good, Rem is an awesome support unit currently, i just hope that you have her passives also otherwise every character is average even with an EX :)

5. Backosteel

Friend Code:
    How do you get passives? Is that by max LB her earlier weapons? Should I try and save stones to pull for them? (I think I have 3 of her 15 CP weapons).

Also, what banners should I be saving/looking forward to? I've heard Deuce is good... should I try and pull for her 35 CP weapon?

6. Einzel

Einzel pew pew pew GL Player

Friend Code:
    To get passive (which you can equip) you have to max limit break(MLB) the weapon (3 times limit break and max level).
    e.g. you want 15 CP passive, then you have to MLB the 15 CP. Same for 35 CP (you know what i mean)

For pulls, a few JP version player said Agrias is a good investment (i don't play JP so i'm not sure). But at the same time dps reign is going to come to GL version soon, and it kill some support character (such as Selphie, Caitsith, Deuce, etc).

My suggestion is if you're satisfied with your current team (for clearing event and stuff) right now, then save your gems/tickets for later. Don't spend too much on 1 banner especially if you're F2P player. Lastly you can trade 15/35 CP weapon with power token (keep in mind the amount of power token is limited to events and weekly logins, so try to save as much until you need really need to spend).

7. Backosteel

Friend Code:
    Should I always use power tokens on EX weapons first to MLB them?

8. Wolffe

Wolffe New Member GL Player

Friend Code:
    GL 303373596
    Yes, 1 MLB wep is worth 4 power stone if you sell it, to 1 LB a weapon you need 4 power stone, so you should only LB EX as it is harder to get.
    Soo save your power stones.
    Oh and save your gems for Kuja or Rinoa prepare at least 75k gem as those char can help you progress a lot faster ( Farming and Coop to get more rewards ) and clearing contents too.
    Good luck!!

9. Ithual

Ithual Member GL Player

Friend Code:
    GL - 922496641
    Sometimes it may be best to mlb your 35cp weapon to get the passive before you mlb your EX. A character with a maxed EX and no 35 passive sucks.

Strayfe likes this.
  10. Redhuntress

Redhuntress New Member

Unless you are pulling for 5 star weapons to sell....