1. Register NOW and get a chance to win $15!

Click HERE for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been added! Scroll down and join the live discussion.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with basic concept

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Psoriasis Guy, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Psoriasis Guy

Psoriasis Guy New Member

Hi everyone, im new in this forum and i am 1 month ago playing this game.
    Im sorry for my bad english and if this post dont are in the correct section, my apologies >.<

To the point, i wanna know what mean the people whit "mlb" "15/35" " Rng"? and what should i do with the gold weapon from character who i dont wanna to use? should i sell for gems to upgrade weapon from character who i like it or save and max every weapon for future trials?

Im fan from FF9 and FF10, and i will focus on those character cuz i know is not likely pull for every character.
    I dont care about the meta, i just wanna play whit my favorite character, but i wanna face all the content whit those characters. In this game i see every character is viable to use and play, is this really so?
    Personally i like it from this game, not like other game where the 90% of all characters are usseless because the "star" and luck are a big factor to play and clear the most of hard content.

So i think i've spread to much, i appreciate every tips that can give to me.

Thanks

belovedchaos1 likes this.
  2. Strayfe

Strayfe Member GL Player

Welcome !

MLB 15/35 means : max limit break a 15 cp weapon and a 35cp weapon, max limit breaking a weapon is very important 'cause you get the weapon's passive without using it ! A weapon's passive is the bonus/effect/boost the weapon gives to the character, both the 15cp and the 35cp are very important if you want to use a characther, without them he's trash or average.

RNG : random factor !

First of all tell us wich characters you don't want to use, maybe you're mistaking 'cause sometimes we don't like a character but after a rework he becomes very important... so never sell a 5* weapon if you're not sure that you'll NEVER use this character ! and never sell the 35cp appart if you already have it ( mlb ), only the useless 15cp, 'cause even if both = one power stone the 35cp is rare.

Save gems for the banner you need the most, don't pull 5k/10k on every banner or you'll end up with an incomplete stuff for every character ! You have to be strategic in order to not be frustrated.

You can complete all the "normal" content and events with the characters you love, but infortunatly you need meta characters ( top tier from their era ) if you want to complete harder content, so for exemple Tidus is a very good character, not the best but you can use him if you have all his stuff ( 15/35/EX ), his father Jecht is very good too, Auron isn't bad, Garnett from FF9 is good, Vivi... average, steiner average, Wakka average, in fact many characters from FF9 and FF10 aren't good enough so honestly i think that you should use them only for normal content, then use Tidus Jecht and top tier character for the hardest stages.

Don't be frustrated 'cause there's a looooooot of things to learn, when you'll understand all what you need to do to be good you'll start enjoying the game even more.

belovedchaos1 and Psoriasis Guy like this.
  3. Psoriasis Guy

Psoriasis Guy New Member

Thanks fot the answer

Now im priorized those character who i have the Ex weapon, favorite characters and at least the other.
    If i sell any 15 or 35 weapon after i max it, i can obtain the upgrade gems too, im right?
    Now i saved all gold weapons.

Actually i have 100k gems, with the new sistem if i save 75k gems i can obtain the EX weapon with out depending from the luck or "RNG", plus the red token is very viable to have any weapon wharever i want and make any character playable, i love it.

I have Auron, Garnet Ex, and i got randomly the Ex weapon from OK, Celes and Prishe. Prishe hit very strong with his Ex attack.
    Ist hard to upgrade every 15/35 weapon from those 5 character + Ex weapon.

Another think, sorry for extending me, i see we can buy weapons and armor from antagonist like kefka and kuja, but we cant obtain the characters from the storie, they will coming in the future or i didnt see anythink?

Thanks, and sry for bothering

4. Strayfe

Strayfe Member GL Player

100K is really good, just wait for a good banner now ! Kuja is the next good banner he's a character from FF9 so you might be interested i guess, he won't be the best for a long time unfortunatly but right after his release he'll be the ultimate DPS.

And yes you can sell the mlb weapon after getting the passive, you'll get 4 power stones not 12 of course !

You can't obtain those characters from the events, you weren't there for Kefka and Kuja's event so you missed them but don't worry they are coming back with their lost chapter ! You can have Kuja very soon in April playing his lost chapter, as a FF9 fan you'll enjoy this lost chapter i guess.

You're welcome and you're not bothering we're supposed to be here to help ;)

belovedchaos1, Cait and Psoriasis Guy like this.