1. Register NOW and get a chance to win $15!

Click HERE for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been added! Scroll down and join the live discussion.
    Dismiss Notice

Hard Mode in Lost Chapter: "A Burning Passion" (for Snow)

Discussion in 'Team Help' started by kdtipa, Dec 10, 2018.

1. kdtipa

kdtipa Member

Friend Code:
    Hi all,

I got through to unlock hard mode easily enough, and then started hard mode to get all those lovely rewards... but... I barely managed to get through the first gold fight, and failed on the second. I was using Snow with maxed out 15cp weapon and maxed armor (thought only level 50 still), Penelo with maxed out everything (she's one of the bonus characters), and Terra because she does a tons of damage (she's maxed out for gear, level 60, and has a few of the extra crystal levels).

If hard mode requires the new level 60 stuff... they balanced it wrong. How many players can do that? Don't they want people to have the ability to start playing the game and catch up?

Or maybe I just didn't pick the right characters for the team? Thoughts and advice are welcome.

2. Wolvie

Wolvie Just a royal weirdo VIP

Friend Code:
    Have you tried doing them in two runs (1st run with your best units to get the gems, 2nd run with Snow to complete that stage)? It's something I've been doing as of late (Snow's one unit I'm not concerned about myself) to save myself from getting migraines due to frustration.

3. Deathazuma

Deathazuma Temple Knight

Friend Code:
    I completed it when it came out with a team of Snow, Terra and Cloud with friend Terra. I was watching a streamer on twitch trying to do that with Eiko, Tidus and Terra and wow...its almost impossible.

You need very good characters to do lvl100 stages at this point, EX helps a lot. Do you have Lilisette? She could be very helpful. The turtle has a lot of HP so you need good BRV shavers and DPS. No real need of healers I think as long as your HP is high enough (The yellow towers do not require HP in the rewards) as long as you play smart and do not let him break you on his geyser you should do fine. If you feel Snow is useless, try to crystal lvl him to 51 and raise him to 60 with his lvl, it could help you a lot (That is what I did for Thancred's LC and it helped me have a full complete!)

4. kdtipa

kdtipa Member

Friend Code:
    I haven't tried other teams yet. I probably should.

5. kdtipa

kdtipa Member

Friend Code:
    I feel like they're making a mistake to essentially require level 60 characters with EX weapons to get through it. Previous characters' hard modes were tough, but not nearly this tough. I could blunder through the second gold fight, and I'd usually get stuck on the final fight. I still have a couple I haven't completed because of the last fight in each one. But on Snow's... the second gold fight is too hard for me to do with decent bonus characters. I don't know. I feel like that's too hard. And I feel like that's expecting too much from new players that want to play through too.

I do have Lilisette, but I only have her weapons... no character specific armor for her.

If I was picking characters by their attack scores... my highest are Cloud, Terra, Tidus, and Vaan.

6. kdtipa

kdtipa Member

Friend Code:
    Oh and... I was using Brothers (level 20) as my summon. I use them most of the time now. But if I need to keep breaking them... Ifrit?

7. scootermtb

scootermtb Member

I think they needed to balance like this because of how lvl 60/60 is compared to 50/50. Even with 15cp weapons, if you level 3 heroes to lvl 60/60 you will be able to do all but last fight (maybe the last 2). Even last fight i did with Terra and WoL 15 cp max only (dont have 35 for them) and Vaan (35 cp max). I suggest making Terra 60/60 as soon as possible and one more hero as well, pick one of the next batch if you don't have weapons for any that were released so far. WoL is pretty good if you have weapons for him.

8. kdtipa

kdtipa Member

Friend Code:
    I managed to get through Pt 3. Part 4... I was doing fine, and then the turtle just got mad and KO'd two of my characters. Snow survived only because he has a ridiculous number of hit points. The turtle just regens brave and starts hitting... it's awful.

I think they did the wrong thing to balance it for the 60/60. What small percentage of their players can do that? I'm a customer that pays money for the crystals so I can get some of the good gear... I feel like preventing me from completing content that gives awards that help you make your characters stronger by making the stuff too tough is bad design. The stuff that is so tough that only the top 1% most powerful players can accomplish it should have rewards like costumes or achievements. Making it so that to get tougher characters you have to have tough characters is bad design.

And I avoid Co-Op these days because of people being jerks in those fights. If I join one and don't know what I'm doing yet, that's normal. Everyone has to learn somehow... and having people spam those little messages is disheartening.

9. Epoch11

Epoch11 Member

Friend Code:
    I understand your frustration, but you gotta understand some of the context. I have no problem with them making the last stage difficult/nearly impossible for F2P players (like me) because there is incentive for players to push for the new content.

As for Co-op, some people are jerks, but the only time I spam those messages is if someone isn’t doing anything and we are just sitting there. Occasionally I’m using a support item and speed is important.

As for snow’s LC, do it in 2 runs. Snow basically sucks (IMO) so I’m not working on him. I’ve got Vaan and Yuna 60/60. I have cloud 57/60 because I’m saving gems for other red characters. I find a friend, clear the stage and the. Redo it with snow. It sucks and takes time but it works. I have the last 2 battles left. I may not be able to clear the last. I can live with that.

10. Epsilon

Epsilon Mogglesguard Good Alignment

Friend Code:
    532342688 - GL
    Regarding the stickers, sometimes you just get trolls. Usually best ignored, but yeah, I find it annoying when you get a sticker spammer too. Bright side though, sometimes it does point out that you could be doing something better that you may not have otherwise noticed.

11. kdtipa

kdtipa Member

Friend Code:
    I've had people use the icons nicely, and I do sometimes learn things. But everyone who has spammed me so far has either done so when I was first learning the fight and a single post of the icon would have worked just fine, or they seem to think they know better and are incorrect according to my research. I always try to look it up afterward or at least think it through as carefully as I can... because I don't WANT to be a crappy player in the Co-Op. I don't think there's a reason to spam. Having been on the receiving end, it feels bad.