1. Register NOW and get a chance to win $15!

Click HERE for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been added! Scroll down and join the live discussion.
    Dismiss Notice

News Global Stream Sept 23

Discussion in 'Announcements and Events' started by Callos, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Callos

Callos That guy that did that thing GL Player

2. Leprechaun

Leprechaun Worst RNG king GL Player Worst RNG King

Friend Code:
    I don't like the new accelerated peace.
    Are they trying to catch up with jp or just creating holes for Christmas/anniversary?

3. Callos

I think it's a few reasons.
    #1. Getting rid of precognition. Its alot harder for GL to do their surprises when the player base knows what's coming. Like 2 streams ago, Josh getting bombarded with EX shop questions end of stream. Global seems like they want to sorta "dumb down" the game a bit. Lower stats, lower scores, trying to keep the masses happy. And trying to do their own thing.

#2. Kinda goes with #1, but it runs on money, and what will drive things? The EX+ era. You either have every EX or you will start benching characters.

#3. Kinda tying in with 1 & 2, banner bias. Because people have prior knowledge of what's coming, they know they can safely skip the new shiny toy, because in 6-8 months it comes back with better newer toys. Now take that away, it becomes more of a feast or famine situation. You want to pull because you don't know when it will come back. I'm sure there will still be the micro dissection of characters. But look how wrong the nay sayers were about Beatrix.

4. Leprechaun

Friend Code:
    I hope it's just a race to EX+ era to avoid a too long period of savings then, because if they're trying to catch up with jp it will be a mess :(

5. Callos

It could be good or bad. I wouldn't mind losing the ability to know what's coming. But they have to understand rushing the power creep will alienate the more casual players. It's not so bad now as I think a totally new player can still catch up, albeit with a smaller overall roster. But once Chaos gets rolling newer people, especially casual players will be overwhelmed with difficulty spikes.

6. Leprechaun

Friend Code:
    Not casual. F2P and some dolphins may get trouble as well if we get too many events.
    Think about chaos era: you must clear events to get materials to get ex+.
    You must pull for EX to EX+, farm passives, clear FEoD (hence getting a good EX+ roster) and less time to save your ;t and ;g.
    Not only that, while accelerating and losing time to save your character will get old faster: i.e. are you going to EX+ Cloud? Good luck. In 3 weeks he won't be usable anymore. Oh, you're not going to EX+ Cloud? Good luck beating early chaos.

This is what happened with khux. I pulled for a medals. 2 week later that medal dealt 1 damage to enemies and I didn't have time to collect enough jewels to pull the new shiny medal. Couldn't complete events. Couldn't get jewels, couldn't pull for shiny toy so I couldn't complete events.
    It's a whale game. I almost quit. Many whales quitted because of that. It's dangerous game.

7. Callos

Well I know some weaker characters will still work in early chaos, it's just going to be tight. Thankfully from what I've gathered from JP players, you don't need a complete to get rewards, just a clear. I'm ok dropping a restart or two if its unavoidable. Also thankfully once you get the EX+ ball rolling, the falloffs aren't quite as dramatic. Hopefully since global is pushing so hard, they are a little more giving with T5 and Book/Ingot materials. That will remain to be seen, but I'm hoping the chocoboard rewards get their upgrade soon, along with dailies and whatnot.