1. Register NOW and get a chance to win $15!

Click HERE for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been added! Scroll down and join the live discussion.
    Dismiss Notice

Expert : WANTED ^^

Discussion in 'General' started by Minio, May 17, 2020.

1. Callos

Callos That guy that did that thing GL Player

Friend Code:
    Ok if the enemy has the debuff Point Blank Warp, and Noctis uses a + skill (his skills flip between a normal and + version, his extra skill changes his skills from normal to +) he moves himself before they attack for an extra action

So Noctis uses Warp Strike+, and moves in front of the enemy
    Use his extra skill, Death Drop and Warp Stike become their + version
    Use Death Drop+, he moves in front of the enemy
    Use Warp Strike +, he moves in front of the enemy
    Use his EX

Now usually it takes 5 turns for an enemy to come back from a break, Noctis has pretty much forced a break here, maybe setting Aerith to battery the team

Jack and Sephiroth are pure damage
    Arciela is a more offense oriented support
    Keiss is an offensive launcher

2. Minio

Minio New Member

Friend Code:
    Thanks , i think i get it now :3
    Offensive launcher, i wonder what he does :O
    Gotta save some gems for later characters, I think I will pass on Jack, got only 28k of gems and 70 tickets so yeah... I will save it for Keiss. And wonder when Burst weapons will be :o

3. Callos

Friend Code:
    Burst and LD weapons start in August

4. Minio

Minio New Member

Friend Code:
    LD? So there's 15/35/EX/LD and burst? Or what? :o god im getting lost in all of this haha >×<

5. Leprechaun

Leprechaun Worst RNG king GL Player Worst RNG King

Friend Code:
    Offensive launcher means he can set your party ready for a chase (when you launch enemy on air and deal damage with everyone).
    He even changes his brv/hp during chase for higher damage AND party brv battery, so even higher damage.

There will be 15/(woi?)/35/(mainkin?)/EX/LD/Burst

LD: new ability, limited uses that cannot become free. Even lightning when breaks an enemy cannot turn her LD in a free use.
    They're very strong and next meta, require powerstones/copies to LB.
    Stats are lower than EX+ so you can sell them after LB

Pity: 15 multi/75,000;g like Bursts

Burst: only for main characters and villains, they have only 1 use BUT give the character 5 turns to act like a summon for themselves and then they gain a powerful aura for party or a similar effect. They can break 9999/hit and 99999/hit caps
    When you pull them they are already maxed and have higher stats than EX+ so you can sell the mlb ex+ and, thanks to selling rework, get back ingots.
    If you're lucky and get dupes you can sell them for 5 burst tokens (new tokens exchange shop)

Pity: 25multi/125,000;g/25 burst tokens

6. Callos

Friend Code:
    There will be 15/(woi?)/35/(manikin)/EX/LD/Burst

LD: new ability, limited uses that cannot become free. Even lightning when breaks an enemy cannot turn her LD in a free use.
    They're very strong and next meta, require powerstones/copies to LB.
    Stats are lower than EX+ so you can sell them after LB

Pity: 15 multi/75,000;g like EX

Burst: only for main characters and villains(so far, I still think other protagonist could get them. If Caius gets a Burst, Serah might, considering Caius isnt the orignal XIII boss), they have only 1 use BUT give the character 5 turns to act like a summon for themselves and then they gain a powerful aura for party or a similar effect. They can break 9999/hit and 99999/hit caps (they also get 1 use of their EX, S1, S2, LD(if you have it), and C65 skill that doesnt count towards their current totals)
    When you pull them they are already maxed and have higher stats than EX+ so you can sell the mlb ex+ and, thanks to selling rework, get back ingots.
    If you're lucky and get dupes you can sell them for 5 burst tokens (new tokens exchange shop)
    (Just be aware you can only activate 1 Burst per fight)

Pity: 25multi/125,000;g/25 burst tokens

7. Leprechaun

Friend Code:
    Serah is main char for FF13-2 and Caius is that game villain, just like I'm sure Yunie will get a burst because of ffx-2.

And if your friend has a burst it just activates the final attack, you don't get the whole 5 free turns. Unfortunately.
    But in co-op everyone can burst so... Have fun.

8. Minio

Minio New Member

Friend Code:
    When i started playing dffoo i had no problem at all with gems. While everyone was saying in begginers guides that we should save as much gems i can i was like - damn, why would i save it more if i have tons of gems... I had ex weapon i wanted for like 20-25k gems or was like "ahh what the hell, ill spend 20k for this ex cuz everyone have it. Now the longer i play im running out of possibilities to earn those gems and im losing my begginer luck. I dont know what to do, i had problems with gambling for real money irl so something with lottery is not good for me.. I will probably end without any gems someday hahaha xD So right now is Jack event, few times in a day im using 3 tickets on him, Keiss is about to show up which was recommended by Callos, burst weapons incoming... Damn, i dont know what to do haha :D

9. Leprechaun

Friend Code:
    When you begin you have lot content to get huge amount of gems to pull for new shiny toys.
    Unfortunately you clear more and more stuff until you run out of ways to farm gems...
    Unlikely, but it can happen.

This is why you have to save: choose banners you won't pull, 0 gems and 0 tickets because a favourite or a meta breaker is coming soon and your resources have to go there.

You're lucky. This game is generous, you can play without spending money.

I'm a f2p, I have lot of content saved to farm gems when I need (sb, hard modes).
    You need to check jp version, use the foresight to plan your game and... hope to not having to rely on pity too much.

But... When I say save I mean it.
    My rule is: when I focus on a weapon I need to have
    - 200/250 tickets for EX (they're not reliable)
    - 75,000gems if meta character or banner with many EX I don't have
    - 125,000gems for meta breaking Burst

If you're lucky, good. If you're like me... Get ready to pity a lot.

10. Minio

Minio New Member

Friend Code:
    Yeah, I'm sweating not to use those gems, too bad im running out of tickets but oh well, i will be grinding summon boards for those so yeah.

Anyways... Im doing summon boards for one character because i need just one more fighter to complete Demensions End Order 4th stage, then , the 5th battle will be with my main praty (Noct, Snow, Aerith). So I'm feeling very confident that im going to finish this and get enough EX Power Tokens for new weapon. I am really wondering which one to choose, like i said before, I am enjoing playing Vaan without his EX and with that weapon he would be stronger ofc.. But I've been told that he might be not that good. I get it that he've got lots of different elements but I don't have any one that fights with magic, almost everybody is meele or ranged. So now Im thinking and because I'm a noob I would like to get another advice from my friends here :)

Vaan is really cool for me , i really like his simple gameplay. (He have the highest chances that I will get his EX)
    Onion Knight is looking cool from what i saw in Co-op missions. BRV shaver and pretty nice dmg.
    Ace isn't that bad in my eyes but ofc I might be wrong and you could tell me that he's not a good option.
    Bartz was also looking fun to play, doesn't need much attention and his fast ex is pretty nice.
    Now when i've got Snow, I think I will leave WoL without and EX for a bit longer. Got bored of him a bit >u<
    I saw some of Terra gameplay, also easy and smooth, but that dmg was a bit average.
    Now Zack - I know he's awesome tank but like I said before - just a while ago i've maxed Snow... So yeah, i think I will pass on that one for now..
    2 more that i might think of is Tidus and Zidane, but I don't think they will help me out in future. My interest is just an sentiment from the FF series.

What do you guys think? If I am wrong please tell me, wanna know what veterans thinks about that :>

11. Leprechaun

Friend Code:
    You're lucky, in June we're getting Arciela (awesome magic support) and Alphinaud (good magic support/dps)

Vaan is a bad dps for chaos. Longevity issues and many elements.

Ok is not bad, you have snow as well to increase damage thanks to imperil and party enchant.

Ace is outshined by many magic dps, not worth it atm.

Terra just like Ace, but unlike him she's a bit harder time to sustain her damage, when her stack falls under a threshold so does her damage.

Bartz requires to be invested in, imho. 108/c50x3 and woi weapon... For a char I barely see.

I still think the best chars in ex shop are y'shtola, zack and Lightning.
    But it does stay there, you don't have to worry now about the choice. You have time to think