1. Register NOW and get a chance to win $15!

Click HERE for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been added! Scroll down and join the live discussion.
    Dismiss Notice

Expert : WANTED ^^

Discussion in 'General' started by Minio, May 17, 2020.

1. Minio

Minio New Member

Friend Code:
    Hellooo! ^^ ;like
    I'm new on forum and on DFFOO.

I was always changing games quickly, but looks like with DFFOO it seems that i will stay longer :) (about 1,5 month now)

That's why I have some problems, cuz after few weeks I still can't fight on CHAOS level battles... T_T :(((
    So I tought that maybe someone from this forum would help me out! ;shock

Okay, so for the start I must say that I'm dumb as hell ;dizzy :

I didn't knew that 10 CP and 35 CP weapons are important to obtain passive abilities :c
    So I Sold almost everything to get Power Stones :c
    Now I'm stuck, don't know what to do, how to create a good party etc... :((
    SB is not a big deal for me, i can do it if necessary.
    Okay, so here's my EX weapons:
    Noctis EX+ (he is maxed with i think everything- 10CP/35CP/EX+)
    Cecil (Paladin) EX+ (He's almost like Noct but without 10/35CP)
    WoL 35CP (I don't have his EX but have maxed his armor ^^)
    And that was my main party.
    Now here's some EX'es i have :
    Sephiroth's
    Vayne's
    Cloud's
    Noel's
    Cait Sith's
    Aerith's
    Lightning's
    Fang's
    Fran's
    Beatrix's
    Vincent's
    King's
    Steiner's and Sabin's.
    (And I've maxed Vaan without an EX)
    So that's it. I don't know what good can be from those characters, if you recommend me other character please tell me. But I wish I could do some nice party to start fighting on LVL 180 and get some Ignot's for further enhancing my friends! ^^
    If I've forgot about something please tell me!
    I really need help T_T Thank you for your time reading this by the way :3

Wish you all safe, healthy and lucky DFFOO gameplay! <3 ;like;)

2. Callos

Callos That guy that did that thing GL Player

Friend Code:
    Summon boards are a neccessity for cosmos(150) and chaos(180). You really want to max out any character you plan to use on all their boards. Not just for the free stats, the passives add up too. I'd get cranking on these while Diablos has super synergy, it works on past boards too(Aerith is synergy, and really good).

WoL without his EX is pretty bad. You could get it though if you finish Dimension's End Order. Really WoL or Zack are the best options from it.

Now you list EX you have, how many of those EX characters have their 15/35 cp passives? That's almost as important as summon boards. If they lack those, they are not hitting their max damage.

For upcoming characters, next month is Arciela and Keiss. Both are very good. Snow tonight is a very good tank and could help until you get WoL setup. Jack and Ramza Thursday are also solid team additions.

3. Minio

Minio New Member

Friend Code:
    Thank you so much. !! ^^
    I've almost on every character with EX Full SB cleared with passives (i tought was good for those units).
    Almost every unit don't have all 10/35CP passives. I didn't knew that those weaker weapons are revelant like in most of RPG's :((
    Only Noctis is Fully Boosted. If those silver 4 star armors and weapons are still important to improve character then it's not fully boosted :c
    I wanted to clear Dimention's End Order to get Vaan's EX weapon T_T his DMG without EX is amazing ! ( around 50k+ two times from Whiteout)
    But if you think Zack or WoL is better then i will do so. WoL or Zack? Who's better from these two? :o

4. Leprechaun

Leprechaun Worst RNG king GL Player Worst RNG King

Friend Code:
    15 and 35cp are mandatory nowadays, a char with ex but without those has lot of issues. Worry not, you can buy them with ;pt exchange!

To better understand the game I post these 2 guides:

https://operaomniaforum.com/threads/beginner-guide.1471/

https://operaomniaforum.com/threads/active-passive-buff-and-debuff.1455/

When you list EX+ as weapons you should add 0/3 (just booked) 1/3-3/3 (how many ingots you did use, 3/3 is mlb). This helps us because some chars needs the weapon to be upgraded more than others (i.e. Hope has not much issues with 1/3 while noctis needs 3/3)

For Chaos, besides Summon Boards as Callos said, you need to work on team composition.
    Usually a team is dps (the damage dealer. The only one you have is Noctis. Quite old, but may work. Dps need 3/3 weapons), Support (a char who can increase party atk/mbrv/maybe other stats, heal and heal brv/battery -increase allies brv with abilities-. The only ones you have are Cecil and Aerith. The latter needs specific artifacts to work: you need at least 3x charged wind healing boost**)

And another support or a tank (the tank is someone who can redirect attacks against himself so dps don't get broken after attacks.)

Best tanks atm are: Galuf (he's based on evade and countes), Zack and Snow (both taunt - set themselves as targets for enemies- and reduce brv damage they take to 0.)

Zack atm. Wol will get better in the future

Dimension order has other rules (read heretics https://operaomniaforum.com/threads/heretics-and-abyss-guide.1519/ ) so you need lot of chars fully boosted. Don't bother with it. They're not going away.

5. Minio

Minio New Member

Friend Code:
    At Dimension's End Order I managed to clear on PERFECT 3 stages, now I'm at 4/5.
    About buffers I dropped Cait Sith's [Green Megaphone] MLB and dropped for him one 35CP [Sliver Megaphone], doing his SB and I was thinking if he's any good :o

About tanks and Snow - just woke up, and spend a little bit for Snow's EX weapon... so far 10k gems and 100+ tickets for getting his 2x35CP and 3x15CP. Should I keep going? Or instead of using Snow clear Zack's Lost Chapter to get his standard gear? (idk if there will be his banner anytime soon :c) Ofc I can go with Aerith but I need to know if for now it's better to have Cait Sith (i think I could enchance him easier atm but it's not a big deal for me to leave him for another time and take care of Aerith first.
    I'm so sorry guys I'm asking tons of questions but I really want to become stronger T_T Not a best thinker if it comes to creating party and planning related stuff . I'm really grateful for your answers and I'm looking forward for more informations!

6. Leprechaun

Friend Code:
    Cait sith is... Well... Not very good.
    He was awesome for FFVII Abyss event but I wouldn't recommend him, expecially over Aerith.

Well Idk how many ;t and ;g you have atm , so I can't say.

Clearing LC give 1 15cp and 2 of first armors. You would still need to buy his 35cp with ;pt

7. Minio

Minio New Member

Friend Code:
    Oh god;blown so i've wasted another crystals and power gems on Character i'm not gonna use :c

I had about 160 tickets, now it's 56 so i spended 104 tickets
    And I had 65k of gems and now it's 55k, idk if i should keep going or not. ;dizzy

PS. Where can I find info which tells which characters will be on banners and when and if you know please tell me on what i should invest more tickets and gems for like Arciela , Keiss, Jack and Ramza like Callos said? Or Should I wait a little bit longer for something else? :I
    Gosh, so many questions :D

8. Leprechaun

Friend Code:
    Here is the possible future
    [​IMG]

Try 20 more tickets. Save gems.

9. Minio

Minio New Member

Friend Code:
    Thank you, looks promising :3
    Okay, wish me luck! :D

EDIT: Oh no... Instead of Snow's gear I've collected Cinque 4x15/4x35/1xEX ...
    What should i do with her??? :o I don't need her right? :o

Last edited: May 18, 2020
  10. Callos

Friend Code:
    Max out her 15 and 35 to unlock the passives, sell them for powerstones. Id max out her EX and book it for the ingot, but dont max her EX+, just leave her at 0/3. Books are easy to come by, ingots are rare.

Otherwise, try to get 75k by Arciela, and pity her EX if you have to. Save tickets for Keiss, and start saving 75k for Amidatelion.

11. Minio

Minio New Member

Friend Code:
    Thank you so much! I will definetly do what you've told me. So do I have to forget about Snow? T_T
    He is so cool :(

12. Minio

Minio New Member

Friend Code:
    So when weapons are maxed i can sell them and those passives will stay forever?

13. Callos

Friend Code:
    Yep. Or you can hoard the max weapons but I like having powerstones, it cuts down on the number of copies you need for a weapon.

You can continue with tickets for Snow if you want, but I wouldnt spend gems. As a rule, I always try to set limits on banners.

#1. Never mix tickets and gems. If Im using gems, its with the intent to pity the weapon. And to be fair, I have pitied 4 banners, so if your a good saver the game gives out a fair amount of resources. But with Burst Weapons in 2 months, saving now is incredibly important with so many good characters rolling out.

#2. 100 tickets for anything Im interested in, 200 for a fav. Its not a hard cap but a guideline. If you dont get them, they will be back, take your L and try again later.

14. Minio

Minio New Member

Friend Code:
    Thank you, i'll do that! Got much to do :D i'll save the gems for noctis burst, but for now i will try to be carefull with using tickets :)

15. Callos

Friend Code:
    I wouldnt mind picking up Noct's burst, but I wont chase it until Nine's banner. The downside is right after that is Ardyn;rage

16. Leprechaun

Friend Code:
    I wouldn't. If you manage to get his Burst you won't have his LD if you pull for Nine but not in his first banner.

17. Callos

Friend Code:
    Well hopefully I get some free pull magic then :P

18. Minio

Minio New Member

Friend Code:
    Hey guys! Looks like my soul of gambler didn't let me go away with something I want. Got Snow's EX, maxed with everything I had. He's full powered :D And now I'll go for max Aerith as Callos said before. I noticed that Noct doing really small DMG... Which DPS are you guys recommend for team? I will have Snow as tank, Aerith as healer and which character as DPS? Speaking of which I really like Vaan (but i don't have his EX). What do you think about having Snow and Aerith together in party btw?

19. Callos

Friend Code:
    If you can get her 15/35 cp weapons, Lightning.

Vaan is kinda bad. With his many elements, if a boss resists or worse, absorbs one, you could be adding fuel to the fire.

Its true that Noctis hits are kind of low, but you have to take into consideration just how many turns he can generate for himself. Done right he can essentially "corner lock" an enemy for 3 to 5 turns. He has decent longevity, and once his stacks hit 5, you can live off his HP++. And having a battery like Aerith who adds overflow would tremendously help the prince out.

You could try for Jack. Or Sephiroth. Or wait for Arciela. Or Keiss. Seifer or Kefka if you want a debuffer.

20. Minio

Minio New Member

Friend Code:
    Jack and sephiroth are dmg but Keiss and arciela too?
    And im sorry but looks like i dont really understand that nocts guide :/ im too stupid :c