1. Register NOW and get a chance to win $15!

Click HERE for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been added! Scroll down and join the live discussion.
    Dismiss Notice

December wishlist

Discussion in 'General' started by Leprechaun, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Leprechaun

Leprechaun Worst RNG king GL Player Worst RNG King

Friend Code:
    Hello everyone!
    Time for our wishlist. This time it's for Christmas, so write down and Santa Mog will reward you if you've behaved.

My list

1) New Abyss Strata with EX+ materials reward

2) Feod for materials

3) Free multi for ;ultimecia because I heard Thanksgiving is a real holiday in usa and not just a "presents giveaway" for online games

4) Christmas Event! Like halloween co-op but for Christmas!

5) MC banner for Christmas! (the one with daily free x10. Christmas is a good time to get that and unleash a surprise for anniversary)

6) New Year countdown campaign! (I think they won't release a stream during Christmas holodays so... I think this one should go until first week of Jan)
    Free stuff just for login!

2. Wolvie

Wolvie Just a royal weirdo VIP GL Player

Friend Code:
    The only question I have about FEoD is where Rem got the date for that which is posted on the DB website. I'm positive that the 'mysterious' character (Ultimecia) was the last thing on the November Calendar that's also from the stream. I only ask out of curiosity here.

With Lyse for the main story and the 5th 70/70 Awakening wave likely being the surefire content for December, I am looking forward to getting my homegirls Lenna, Rydia and Lilisette all as close to 70/70 as I can. Y'shtola is bound to retake her spot as a key support unit to have when Lyse shows up (70/70 and EX+).

Although Thanksgiving is a key holiday here in the US, I don't think we'll get a free multi for Ultimecia. She's a highly sought after unit but Global need money more so than giving a free multi.

Global COULD get the return of the Winter Festival from last year but the goodies will differ this year than last.

MC Banners for Christmas? I don't see that coming to Global. Granted, the game is quite generous, but giving away too much stuff WILL hurt their bottom line, with a possible result of less content for Global in the long run as Android devices already have recurring issues which tends to only be addressed in the game and also not brought up right away.

New Abyss Beta strata? That I could see coming in late December.

My huge concern here is if Global's going back to accelerating things. Why do I say this, you ask? Some users are, one way or another, are already expressed how they're feeling overwhelmed and can't keep up (since there are other users who feel that some should only pull on meta [I've been advised TWICE to pull on Krile's banner [not a big fan of Krile] when I'm saving what I can for Ultimecia [who I need copies as I lack power stones]).

The bigger question would come round the release of FF 7 Remake in March (which has loads of hype), how many people will at least take a break from DFFOO to play that.

Leprechaun likes this.
  3. Leprechaun

Leprechaun Worst RNG king GL Player Worst RNG King

Friend Code:
    Glad to see you Wolvie :)

I'm curious as well. I don't care if we get it or not, actually, as long as I get the rewards they offered somehow (Strata is fine to me)

Jp had it for... Summer fest or anniversary, I don't remember. I expect to get the same banner for Christmas or anniversary (there should be free pulls in both)

I hope we don't. I felt overwhelmed as well last month.
    November seems back to 2chars (Sherlotta actually oct) 2 lc :D

I am waiting before buying that. Got burned with ffxv day one :D

Jp is probably going to have a cloud bt banner to retain players, and you may see the opposite as well: people who played ffvii remake and then looking for FF apps.

GL... Probably a first multi free hyped banner: Cloud EX+/Sephiroth EX+/Tifa EX+

4. Wolvie

Friend Code:
    With the JP banners that had the free multis, it corresponded to specific Japanese holidays, which Global has yet to honour (if you noticed some of the stuff Global has had it's based on the major holidays practiced in most countries (i.e. Easter and Christmas) and stuff that is honoured in just the US). It probably won't show up on Global unless they do the free multis during the 2nd anniversary.

Those who already play the FF apps and then take a break to play the remake is what I was referring to. Their inactivity could see a shuffle in the friends list for some (I remove those who are inactive), which could hurt them later on, once the Burst Weapon Era is on Global (part of Jet Stingren's YT video on the November JP Calendar brought up something regarding the in game rank and how it ties into the future Ultimate Esper Trials [the higher your in game rank is in the game, the bigger your bonus is in the summon boards [started close to the end of the Special Synergy period for Ultimate Alexander]]).

The only way DFFOO JP and Global both see the increase for the player base (NEVER assume that anyone who is a Day One player will still be playing when it's three years down the line) are those who NEVER touched any FF mobile gacha game before but played games like the remake or FF 8 Remastered AND live in a country where it's available (it's not available in Belgium plus China has varying restrictions for gamers under 18; two groups in the UK are also calling for changes in their gambling laws to include loot boxes and microtransactions to be added in as gambling methods [Digital, Culture, Media and Sport plus the Children's Commissioner]). Since the issues for Android devices are recurring and happen more often than Apple devices, I cannot see the Global side getting an increase of any significance because the Android side has the recurring issues.

5. Wolvie

Friend Code:
    Just got done watching the stream and I'll be an adult here by saying I got some wrong (the free multi for Ultimecia and the return of the EX weapon shop although I still feel the latter was a bit too soon).

The FEoD and new raid are all coming (dates are on the DB website), but I am shocked that no one brought up the fact that Rem had the dates of these on the site ahead of the stream. Even more shocked that neither Josh or Glacie mentioned that in the stream. Just an observation.

The bit that caught my attention was at the end, where Josh mentions that there are more Global First stuff coming in the future. If they've been following JP more closely in recent months, is it possible that Global is planning on returning to doing things their way with that announcement? I won't be surprised if that happens.

Free multi pull banners:
    1. Ultimecia
    2. Locke
    3. Basch
    4. Lyse

Reworks:
    1. Agrias
    2. Faris
    3. Kuja
    4. Celes
    5. Rem
    6. Vaan