1. Register NOW and get a chance to win $15!

Click HERE for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been added! Scroll down and join the live discussion.
    Dismiss Notice

Comprehensive DFFOO Guide (WIP)

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Muffin, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Muffin

Muffin Your friendly bread box hero. Neutral Alignment

Friend Code:
    Greetings everyone! Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Just a small introduction before jumping into the guide.

I am looking for anyone willing to contribute! Main thing I am looking for is help in compiling pictures for multiple menus in the game and their functions. If you are willing to help, please contact me on here in any way or via Discord - MuffinatorMan#4003. Thank you!

Dissidia: Final Fantasy Opera Omnia went live on Global servers on February 1st, 2018. I started about a week or two after that and have experienced the game in its fullest form: from start to the current content. Because of my experience with the game, I have finally decided to take the time with my compiled knowledge and shove it all into this thread for all players to take advantage of.

Not everything in this guide is solely my knowledge as this guide is not just a means of gratification. It is a means for the community to really compile their expertise on the game and come together as a real forum group should.

A small disclaimer: This guide is intended ONLY for Global DFFOO, not JP DFFOO. Both games are currently in way different states of content and I have not personally played DFFOO JP. However, some content will have similarities with them.

I would like to thank everyone that contributed in any way, and thank you, the reader, for taking your time to view everything I have included in this guide. A list below of who contributed and with what: (if I missed you, please PM me and we can get you in there!)

(Placeholder)

This guide is a means for new, experienced and veterans alike to grasp a hold of game elements they may or may not know about. This guide was compiled in a way to help better understand the majority aspects of the game and how to do most basic and intricate functions within the game.

For ease of access: I have compiled a list that will allow you to quickly CTRL+F to find what you are looking for if it's only something specific. Each section will have a 3 letter code to help identify/locate within the thread easily. Please see below:

Section 1: Introduction [INT]
    Section 2: Starting Up [STU]
    Section 3: Friend List and Support Summon [FRL]
    Section 4: Game Areas, Content and Quests [QST]
    Section 5: Character Equipment, Passives and General Knowledge [CHR]
    Section 6: In-game Shops and Currency Trade-ins [SHP]
    Section 7: Banner Draws [BNR]

The guide will be broken up into multiple sections and thread posts to keep it neatly organized and easiest to read. If for any reason something is missed, overlooked, updated in-game but not in the guide or there is a request, please feel free to leave a post here, PM me, catch me in chat or contact me on Discord (MuffinatorMan#4003).

Thank you for taking your time to read the above information. Now, without keeping anyone longer, let us start with the guide!

Section 1: Introduction [INT]

So you finally decided to give DFFOO a try after staring at it in your app store and are downloading it as we speak (or already have). Well, allow me to fill you in on some basic information about the game, what it has to offer and the overall game mechanic.

Dissidia: Final Fantasy Opera Omnia is based on the PSP game called Dissidia Final Fantasy. Without getting into detailed explanation about that game, allow me to give a short overview:

The game is unique in a way that it pulls from all current Final Fantasy games to supply its character roster. Characters from Final Fantasy 1, to Crystal Chronicles, Tactics and spin-offs like World of Final Fantasy. With that, there are a wide array of characters available for use in the DFFOO world.

Another important mechanic is that the game does not function like general Final Fantasy games do. Such as: character A uses a skill and it does 200 points of Hit Points (HP) damage. Instead, DFFOO uses a mechanic called Brave and a separate action for HP attacks. Brave damage is targeted towards an enemy's total Brave. Attacking their brave allows you to gain Brave based on the damage dealt. In addition, dealing more damage than the enemy has Brave will give you a Brave Break, increasing the overall Brave that you earn.

The important thing to note about Brave is that every character has a limit, indicated in the character screen (more on this later down the road). Once you have enough Brave, you will be able to HP attack and directly injure your enemy.

Thus ends the introduction to DFFOO and the end of this introduction post! Thank you for your time and good luck out there!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    Cait, Meruem, Soulfire and 1 other person like this.
  2. Muffin

Friend Code:
    Section 2: Starting Up [STU]

This section will give you an insight on general information when starting the game. Important information will be highlighted, put in bold, underlined and with red font to help recognize this information.

So, you installed DFFOO and are ready to start your adventure. After logging in for the first time, the game will throw you into an introduction and beginner guide for the game. Shortly throughout, you'll be given a chance to pull on a free introductory weapon draw. What you get here isn't of much consequence - it's free, and anything you can get will help. Follow the guide to its completion for a basic grasp on the game, what you can do and where to begin. However, something to note and something I will stress to any player, new or old: Please, please, please! Make sure you back up your game data with Facebook or Google Play. This is the absolute ONLY way to retrieve your data if something goes awry. If you ever need to Transfer your data to another device, you have to use the Facebook account link.

Once the introduction and beginner guide are finished, you'll be given free reign on what you want to do. I highly suggest playing through the story, as completing Chapter 1 of the story will net you 10,000 gems. Quite a good start, as that is two 10+1 banner draws (or 4 if half-off draws). My suggestion to all starting players: hold onto these gems. New characters will come and go, along with character events (more on this later), so hang onto those gems - you'll need them, especially if you are free to play! (And you'll never know when that one character you want will have its gear available!)

Due to the introduction and start-up guide being efficient, this is all I have for you folks. If I did miss anything, please feel free to ask in this post and I will promptly add it to this section!

Cait, Meruem, Soulfire and 1 other person like this.
  3. Muffin

Friend Code:
    Section 3: Friend List and Summon Support [FRL]

This section is dedicated to the overall knowledge and use of the Friend List and Support Summon. In-depth explanations and useful tips will be given for maximizing the use of your friend summon and the expanding of your friend list roster with strong Friend Supports.

Friend Support: (Please click on the Spoiler)

Let's start off with your friend summon. On the home screen, tap the Cog icon in the top-left of the screen. When you're in that screen, you're looking for this page with User Data: Screenshot_20190211-125331_OperaOmnia.jpg

Selecting User Data will open a screen as such:
    Screenshot_20190211-125337_OperaOmnia.jpg

On the right side of this screen is an option to "Change Support." This is what we're looking for. Upon clicking this, another screen will show:

Screenshot_20190211-125340_OperaOmnia.jpg

In this screen, you are able to select any character as your Friend Support. Anyone will be able to use this. But, a bit more in-depth detail first.
    Upon selecting your support, this screen will show up: Screenshot_20190211-125347_OperaOmnia.jpg

This page is solely dedicated to your Friend Support's setup: Gear, skills and passive abilities all show up here. Please make sure everything is updated here so that everyone is able to use your character to its full potential!

Important Note: Leveling and upgrading a character's Crystal Rank (more on this in the Character Section) will automatically update. However, a character's passives will not be updated. If you equip different passives outside of the Friend Support, you must also do so in your Friend Support equipment. Otherwise, the equipment and passives will not show!

Moving right along - now, we will be looking at a Friend Summon. Friend Summon is the same function as your Friend Support, however there certain things to take note of. First off, Friends, Followers and Following.

Friends: These are players that you follow and who followed you back. This is the optimal case for a friend summon. Why is that, you ask? Well, simply as each Friend Summon has a set amount of turns before departing. If both players are following one another, you get a total of 5 turns with the Friend Summon that you chose.

Following/Follower: These function the same, however one of the players is not following the other. Due to this nature, they will show up in the "following" or "follower" section located in the friend's list:
    Screenshot_20190211-125359_OperaOmnia.jpg Screenshot_20190211-125403_OperaOmnia.jpg Screenshot_20190211-125409_OperaOmnia.jpg

With that said, general content clearing will almost always benefit you by following someone else and getting the full 5 turns out of them. Not everything requires all 5 turns and not all content requires a friend support. Just keep this in mind if you plan on tackling something difficult that might require a few extra turns.

Now, an important thing about the friend summon is that it replaces the character currently selected. After selecting the friend summon button, located near the bottom of the screen (picture below), your selected character will be swapped out and in turn, your friend summon swapped in.
    Screenshot_20190211-195812_OperaOmnia.jpg Screenshot_20190211-195818_OperaOmnia.jpg

Notice how my selected character (noted by a blue circle around it) has swapped out to my selected friend summon, and with it a turn count on the friend summon's portrait. Once those turns are expired, your friend summon will be swapped out with your party member. After you have done this, however, you may not use that friend summon for the remainder of the quest. Use them wisely!

As a conclusion, selected Friend Summons may only be used once within a given amount of time. Once that "cool down" has expired, that player's friend summon will be available for use again. So, use your friend summons wisely per quest!

Cait, Meruem and Epsilon like this.
  4. Muffin

Friend Code:
    Section 4: Game Areas, Content and Quests [QST]

This section is catered to a wealth of information on the game's content. Quests, Co-op quests, World of Illusions and Lost Chapters. Each section will have its own sub-section explaining the functions and mechanics of each area.

5. Muffin

Friend Code:
    Section 5: Character Equipment, Passives and General Knowledge [CHR]

This section will cater to a plethora of information regarding anything to deal with characters, their equipment, their passives, and some other general game knowledge that should be known. Due to the extent of this area, each sub-section will have its own spoiler and information to keep the post as clean as possible. Please click on the spoilers to review the information hidden in them!

6. Muffin

Friend Code:
    Section 6: In-game Shops and Currency Trade-ins [SHP]

This section will contain general information regarding the game's multiple currency and shops/trade-ins.

7. Muffin

Friend Code:
    Section 7: Banner Draws [BNR]

And lastly, we have our banner draw section. The most RNG section of the entire guide! Here, you will find basic information about draw rates, the types of weapons pulled and how banners work.