1. Register NOW and get a chance to win $15!

Click HERE for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been added! Scroll down and join the live discussion.
    Dismiss Notice

Character Wishlists

Discussion in 'General' started by Drivebladesman, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Drivebladesman

Drivebladesman New Member

What characters do you want added to this game's playable roster? Here's my wishlist for characters I want:

• Quina Quen
    • Garland (FF9)
    • Cid Fabool IX (in his frog or oglop form)
    • Gunner Yuna
    • A Mithra character
    • A Galka character (such as Raogrimm)
    • Ba'Gamnan

Epsilon likes this.
  2. Leprechaun

Leprechaun Worst RNG king GL Player Worst RNG King

Friend Code:
    - Quina Quen
    - Aria (FF3)
    - Mog (VI)
    - Singer Yunie
    Gunner Yuna is alternate costume. I can't see her coming as a char because of that.
    If yunie has a change I think she may be singer dress. But I hope Mascotte.

3. Drivebladesman

But what if SE changes her alt. to something else?

4. Leprechaun

Friend Code:
    What would you do if you bought an iphoneX and Apple said "You know what? We need to change it for a Iphone 8 because politics"

It's the same: people bought Yunie for her gunner alt. If SE changes that SE gets sued.

5. Vrast

Vrast New Member GL Player

I see Quina is beloved to most.

Me too i'd like to have her and also Flatrey for more mouses and....

- Tellah
    - 3rd Waltz
    - Son and Zon
    - Reno and Rude
    - Biran and Yanke
    - Edea, Kiros Ward.. Ok, i stop there, i like too many characters

Cid Fabool is not a fighter, cool character, yes, but is like adding Brahne, she got no martial skills or magic of any sorts

anyway we got too many Type 0 and is not fair that main cast character like Edward or Guy are not there

6. Leprechaun

Friend Code:
    Jp has Edwad the spoony bard

I think she's going to be next anniversary gl first.

Beatrix and Aranea: You fight them as bosses but then they help the party. Waifus.

Edea: you fight her as a boss and then she help the party. Waifu.

Epsilon likes this.
  7. Drivebladesman

Now hold on, it has nothing to do with politics. The reason I want Gunner Yuna is because she is a big missed opportunity. As TVTropes said on DFFOO's YMMV section: "As with other entries of Dissidia, Yuna's "Gunner" costume. She isn't the only character who has a Significant Wardrobe Shift as a purchasable bonus costume (eg, Ramza's mercenary armor). Unlike theirs, however, Yuna's switch to Gunner is also a complete change in skillset in her original story. Unlike Cecil, whose transition from Dark Knight to Paladin is consistently treated as two separate job classes with different gameplaynote , Yuna's switch is once again treated as purely aesthetic. This is especially evident after the Act 2 chapter that focuses around restoring Yuna's memories of X-2 and her Character Development there, yet gives no option to switch to her second incarnation the way that the chapter around Cecil did. It's embarrassing that she even has "invisible guns" when she does her YRP pose during the cutscene before the fight against Act 2 Chapter 4's Planesgorger."

Well, the reason I suggested Cid IX is because he'd be a funny addition, especially with a moveset based on that minigame where you play as him. XD

8. Wolvie

Wolvie Just a royal weirdo VIP GL Player

Friend Code:
    Wolvie's Wishist:
    Minfilia (XIV)
    Tellah (IV)
    Mog (VI)
    Kid Rydia (IV - the Rydia currently in DFFOO is Adult Rydia; Kid Rydia would have a different skillset)
    Holy/Paladin Dragoon Kain (IV: TAY)
    Cid Raines (XIII)
    Adult Hope (XIII-2, with a different skillset; in Act 2-1 of the main DFFOO story, it's revealed that the Hope in the game is from LR since he brought up the fact that he went back to his youthful self in between the events of XIII-2 and LR [this bit was actually brought up in the LR novella Tracer of Memories])

To @Vrast - Reno and Rude are both available on JP.

The 3rd GL First character could very well be Rikku or Red XIII since those two are getting requests more than most, or even Minwu from II (he's the first white mage who was named in the series).

9. Leprechaun

Friend Code:
    She indeed is. But she will be singer yunie IF she is going to come as new character. Unfortunately her dress was out before they decided to create a second character with different skill tree. Sadness.

10. Vrast

Nice news guys, thx! But still i want Tellah!
    I mean, he's the main black mage of ff IV, renowned, meteor and all...

As for yhe Cecil/Yuna thing, my opinion:

First of all, is sad to say but FF X-2 is not at the same level at every other main series titles, not in my opinion only and we can discuss about how many good ideas that game had but numbers spoken... And i'm still sad for that sequel, i waited it so hyped at the time

Second, Cecil switching to pally has a certain weight, mount ordeal and all, Yuna switches to gunner like she can switch to any other job in the game and the fact that she's represented as gunner in posters and whatnot is purely esthetical {see the gunner is just a costume in the game} beecause in FF x-2, it's only a matter of poor programming (the hardware was what it was) if when you were not in battle they dress gunner/thief/warrior instead of what you switched into.

Last thing, i didn't appreciated too much the fact that the dress sferes popped out of nowhere with a poor explaination of "sin is no more and in 1 year we explored more than everyone in every 10 years calms before" when in the beginning of FF X we see Albheds exploring like crazy

Strago/Galuf/Tallah Geriatric team FTW

{how many alternate costum could they make for gilgamesh?}

11. Drivebladesman

Good points you got there; I guess I can live without a Gunner Yuna moveset (though I still find her invisible guns funny).

Also, that Gilgamesh costume joke is funny; since there are already lots of Gilgameshes, just like there are already lots of Cids. X)

12. Vrast

The difference is that Cids are just different people with the same name, Gilgamesh is a planes walker that "travels the dimension collecting powerfull weapon" like he arrives in ff VIII to collect Odin's sword and he appears in ff XII with the buster sword for example so it's pretty much the same being with slightly different appearence (dunno about FF IX, he seems a totally different character there)

Epsilon likes this.
  13. Leprechaun

Friend Code:
    In FFIX I think he is just a reference.
    FFt-0 and XV have different Gilgamesh.

14. Epsilon

Epsilon Mogglesguard GL Player

Friend Code:
    532342688 - GL
    FFXI also has a story-related character called Gilgamesh who doesn’t seem to be related to the FFV> version. It’s all quite confusing...

Edea would be epic!

My wish list:

1: Edea Kramer
    2: Red XIII
    3: Quina Quen
    4: Rikku
    5: Genesis Rhapsodos

Last edited: May 7, 2020
  15. Drivebladesman

Yeah, we definitely need Rikku in DFFOO.