1. Register NOW and get a chance to win $15!

Click HERE for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been added! Scroll down and join the live discussion.
    Dismiss Notice

Are you going to spend money on this game?

Discussion in 'General' started by INMATE 4859, Feb 8, 2018.

1. INMATE 4859

INMATE 4859 Decided to break free

I like this game a lot - so much so that I have been thinking about giving up on the alchemist code - realized its sort of tough for me to focus on two gatcha games.
    When playing the alchemist code I used to buy the monthly gem pack which had the best value. Dffoo is definitely more expensive but if I give up on TAC I could invest that money and buy the 2500 gems promotion pack (hope its gonna be a monthly thing) if uts one time only then I will probably pass on it.

What are you guys up to - totally f2p?

How is the japanese version in regard to gem sales?

2. Omnichris

Omnichris Member

After spending on BE and getting burned, I will try to stay f2p. Also having a month old daughter kinda keeps the wallet shut in regards to gaming.

Dmotron32, PikaJew, Ultimasta and 3 others like this.
  3. DanT

DanT Coffeeologist Supreme! VIP

I will probably spend a little bit here and there, just like I do in most games I enjoy.

Seven likes this.
  4. Seven

Seven Noncontributor

I always keep F2P.

Omnichris likes this.
  5. robaisolken

robaisolken FF Gaming Legend VIP

Friend Code:
    Is hard to spend money on this game even if I want it to, game seems way too easy.
    For now anyways, later down the road who knows, maybe by that time when we need to spend some for powercreep I already lost interest due to simplicity of this game

Abaraxas and Ultimasta like this.
  6. AK-Exodus

AK-Exodus New Member

Yeah, I don't see it having the mathcraft you live off.

7. eece

eece New Member

No, I’ll be staying f2p.

8. Sorwen

Sorwen New Member

I'm still not 100% sure I'm going to keep playing. If I do, then maybe if they have some awesome sale or something. Otherwise not a chance. Their prices are slightly more ridiculous than FFBE's(look to be around $10 higher than FFBE for 1 10+1). F2P games have gotten seriously stupid and even with the EA mess it looks to get worse. I don't expect this generosity to last, but I'm going to ride it as long as I keep playing.

Long gone are the days that 10-$13 a month got you a full game without anything locked out and them trying to bleed you for more.

9. Ryudo

Ryudo Waifus VIP GL + JP Player

Friend Code:
    Nope. F2P here.

Normally I don't mind spending a bit here and there, but the prices are a bit high in DFFOO. So I'll do my best to make do with the free gems we get.

10. pdark

pdark New Member

Friend Code:
    738 706 403
    I supported by buying DFF NT, so probably nothing more than that for now :)

Seven likes this.
  11. Seto

Seto Member

I quite enjoy this game but highly doubt I'll be spending anything.
    I'm getting bored already because I've completed all the content and not sure what to do besides grind extra characters or to enhance my weapons.

12. udon

udon blinded by light

yeah this

these games needs more monthly packs like this - this AC pack is pretty good, and i'm still buying monthly

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  13. Luxord

Luxord Member

I'll stay f2p, draw rates are very low compared to ffrk, so it's not worth for me :)

14. Ultimasta

Ultimasta New Member

Friend Code:
    Unless there is a sale that is a good deal, F2P. I agree that this game doesn't have the content/difficulty that others do (FFBE specifically, just wish their rates were better)

15. FFfan

FFfan Active Member

The rate here is low? Compare to FFBE it’s like heaven here, lol

Seven and Omnichris like this.
  16. Omnichris

Omnichris Member

Amen.

SlightlyDubious likes this.
  17. SlightlyDubious

SlightlyDubious New Member

Friend Code:
    If there are some particularly good deals I might shell out a little money, but as it is the game is really generous as far as summon rates and gem distribution. There's no pressure, and it's nice to know that if I DO I'm always going to get at least something useful out of it. This is the kind of setup I don't mind supporting, but I don't plan on going desperately all out like I did in FFBE, often with absolutely no returns.

Seven and FFfan like this.
  18. INMATE 4859

INMATE 4859 Decided to break free

I bought both packs which were on sale - not that I needed them right now or something - it was more of a spontaneous decision - was a little bit under the influence - and I was re-rolling for something better and less playing the game - so I thought if I invest in my current account - re-rolling will become a little bit pointless

19. SadPanda

SadPanda Member

Agreed. I have no problem spending money on these sorts of games as long as I feel like I get something useful in return. That is definitely not the case in FFBE. :)

20. Sorwen

Sorwen New Member

This will always be better due to the guaranteed on the 10+1, but the rates on FFBE were pretty good too when it first came out. The pool was smaller and it wasn't until Dark Fina that they started screwing with the on banner rates.

Though this has a leg up too with the rates announced, but still my point is give this a year and we will see how well this is still doing.

Seven likes this.