1. Register NOW and get a chance to win $15!

Click HERE for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been added! Scroll down and join the live discussion.
    Dismiss Notice

Act 2 Locations

Discussion in 'General' started by Drivebladesman, May 1, 2020.

1. Drivebladesman

Drivebladesman New Member

So, what are all the places summoned in the Act 2 chapters based off of? I know Chapter 3 is based on the Iifa Tree, that the castle in Chapter 4 is based on Pandaemonium (Mateus's version), and that the continent in Chapter 5 is FF6's Floating Continent. I'm also going to guess on what some of the other locations are; for example, is the city in Chapter 4 supposed to be Zanarkand? Also, is the world that Kam'lanaut created in Chapter 6 supposed to be Tu'Lia the Zilart capital (both places seem to have similar looking buildings, for example)?

2. Epsilon

Epsilon Mogglesguard GL Player

Friend Code:
    532342688 - GL
    I’m likely wrong but I think Act 2 Chapter 1 is inspired by Valhalla in FFXIII-2

Chapter 2 directly references the Sealed Forest in FFV (this is stated in a cutscene). Not sure what the temple is though...

Chapter 3 is also the Ice Cave from FFIX as well as the Lifa Tree

Chapter 4 as you say is definitely Pandamoneum but I’d say the first part is possibly based on Zanarkand.

Chapter 5 before the Floating Continent is based on the imperial city of Vector from FFVI

Chapter 6 & 7 I really have no idea

Chapter 8 seems to feature the floating Ronka Ruins from FFV, and maaaybe the Shifting Sands?

If this is true it could be that the antagonist(s) of each chapter are big clues to the locations, suggesting that in some cases their own thoughts and memories have influenced the landscape.

3. Drivebladesman

I think the temple in Chapter 2 is based on Mount Ordeal from FF4, since it was important for Cecil's character development.

Also, another reason that I think the second part of Chapter 6 is Tu'Lia is because the song that plays on its map is the theme for Tu'Lia.

Epsilon likes this.
  4. Drivebladesman

Also, is the town in Chapter 3 supposed to based on the war-torn version of Lindblum or Alexandria?

Nerdy_america and Epsilon like this.